New eBayer issue

Pendragon69

Hmm, someone bought a Buy It Now watch off me but Ive just checked & they have no rating and nothing sold or bought. Location says Algeria but address shows in London.
They havnt paid yet as it was only afew hours ago. I can just see this as a scam or just someone being annoying.

What should I do, send it (if they pay) or relist it?

rutteger

Administrator
Tricky one this especially given zero feedback. Have they paid yet? Did you offer international postage? If they do pay I'd only send using a registered service (which pretty much rules out international postage) and would have the money out of paypal striaght away.

Pendragon69

Nope, no payment yet. I think its someone that doesnt understand ebay or is just being an idiot.
How long do you think I should give them? I've messaged them this morning about payment

rutteger

Administrator
Difficult one really, when did they win the auction? I would message / invoice them again. Also check the eBay procedure for such issues, guess you have a few days then you can reclaim fees and relist without penalty iirc.

Pendragon69

Was yesterday & they still havnt replied back. Will send the invoice again but I can see this person is a dud! Ebay saus 4 days before you can create a non payment claim

macspite

They havnt paid yet as it was only afew hours ago.

The only reason I would expect someone not to pay immediately was if I had further items ending within a few hours that they were potentially interested in.

It may be just me but I view winning an auction like putting an item in front of the cashier in a shop. You pay there and then which, with PayPal, takes about 30 seconds.

So your buyer isn't worth pursuing IMHO

rutteger

Administrator
Partially agree with the above. Always worth giving them a little time imho, sometimes people bid early and leave the auction, some users snipers or other tools. However by the time you get to 24 or 48 hours I'd say that's time enough....

Pendragon69

Yeah I can understand if it was an auction, as people may not be home when it ends. But Buy it now is like what macspite said. If you had access to press "buy it now" then surely in the next 12 hours you should be able to then pay for it. Some people just dont get it!

rutteger

Administrator
Yeah I can understand if it was an auction, as people may not be home when it ends. But Buy it now is like what macspite said. If you had access to press "buy it now" then surely in the next 12 hours you should be able to then pay for it. Some people just dont get it!

Doh, take back what I said above, had forgotten it was a Buy It Now auction. Would agree given it was a BIN I'd expect very prompt payment....

Pendragon69

Going to give them till tomorrow I think & then relist it. Not done it before, so hopefully the process wont be too painful as dont really want to get a negative.