How to spot a fake G-Shock ???

gshockfreak9999

Is there an expert on here that can tell me on how to spot a fake G-shock or not?

My friend just bought his G-9000-1A and my uncle took a look at it, and my uncle said to him right away that this is fake.
He said that he can tell by the weight of the watch. If its light enough just by holding it, then it is fake and it was made in China.

All the markings and lettering on the watch were correct. But it was just the weight of the watch and the made in China was more of a concern to us.

Please, for all the G-Shock fans out here, is there a guide that someone can post here or even a video on to tell if your G-shock is fake or not?

Thx.

mandible

It's funny because there are actually C-Shock watches sold somewhere here in the Philippines. And just recently, I saw S-Shock watches. They are made of cheap-looking shiny plastic with blurry LCD, and the price is just too good to be true.

chavo60

i mostly purchase 6900's ... and for the most part the the three circles on the bezels of the fake 6900's had random blinking. Not in sequence like the original G-shocks.

Has anyone seen any fake 6900's with working second markers?

wolfy

look at the back is the lettering and model numbers all in the same places? did it come with authentic looking tin and instructions? and even some authentic g-shocks are japanese movements but made in china.

I have DW-6900FS with Japan caseback/back plate and Japan buckle/clasp but it does not have a build date/serial # in the caseback/back plate and I bought it from a reputable seller. I don't think it's fake but the lack of a build date/serial # in the caseback/back plate is making me doubt its authenticity.

Deepsea_Dweller

I have DW-6900FS with Japan caseback/back plate and Japan buckle/clasp but it does not have a build date/serial # in the caseback/back plate and I bought it from a reputable seller. I don't think it's fake but the lack of a build date/serial # in the caseback/back plate is making me doubt its authenticity.

Let's have some photos of the backplate and front Shock & Awe Surely you should know if it's a fake or not. Where did you buy it and how much did you pay ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DW-5000

I have a dw-6900FS. And like all dw-6900 they dont have serial number. Just the solar ones have that (correct me if im wrong). Havent seen any non-solar having serial numbers aside vintage G-Shocks

ayresr3

Never seen a fake mudman, and I dont think you can judge a fake on weight alone, they aren't very heavy anyway. Add a picture and we can have a look see.

I think I paid $90 a few years ago from AAFES store.
front.jpgcaseback.jpgclasp.jpg