WRUW : 19th March -> 25th March

Psweeting

Some old school 8700 style today...

photo.jpg

macspite

UK is now on summer time - GMT+1.

Spent the night awake in the deepest darkest throes of man flu and was in no mood to have to alter watch before wearing. Choice therefore was either a waveceptor or one of the ones I haven't worn since the clocks went back in October. Chose the latter

S5000101.jpg

rutteger

Administrator
Some cool stuff on show :)

@terryjames - is the Frog a new arrival ?

@macspite - That Posiden is pure Japanese class, am assuming it's JDM only?

@rutteger no it doesnt have an axe on the el backlight too bad though that would complete the nickname g-rescue

Too bad :( Went with the G-9100R G-Resuce today in keeping with the fact the clocks changed to summer and the weather is fine :) This does have the axe EL.

IMG_3917.jpg

Couldn't find my phone so snapped a wrist shot with my regular camera. May have to use this from now one, far less bad the the phone!

macspite

@macspite - That Posiden is pure Japanese class, am assuming it's JDM only?

Don't know, Casio Poseidon as a search term brings up no useful info, I found this searching for PNM-508 (the model number)

SPECIFICATIONS

released: 1993
WR rating: 50 meters
retail price: $150 USD
module: 384
case material: Stainless Steel
case back: Stainless Steel
crystal: Mineral Crystal
band: Stainless steel bracelet
alarm: 3x daily alarms
timer: 24 hours countdown
stopwatch: 24 hours by 100th of a second
other: Measures lap speed if distance pre-determined
Copied from the watchshock archives but it gets a bit circular because the photo and most of the info was supplied by me :D

If you google for casio PNM-508 the 4th site you come across is this:

http://watchshock.com/collection/2843/ which is my watch collection!

Other than that info is a bit sparse - if anyone can help I would be interested to know more.

I bought it last August off eBay from Eire. With postage and currency conversion it came to £27 which I think is a bargain. :victorious:

rutteger

Administrator
@macspite - interesting stuff although still a bit of a mystery
@terryjames - the final frog does indeed rule :cool: