WRUW today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

macspite

Today I am wearing a gamble that I think paid off. I took the "you were out" card to the sorting office to claim a well wrapped box. I had bought this watch on eBay from this sole picture and a two line description:

dw-5900.JPG

And this is what I put on my wrist as soon as I had fought through the wrapping paper and parcel tape:

photo-20.jpg

I love the look of this watch, reminds me of a light aircraft instrument panel. I think it is one of the nicest looking G-Shocks of its era. Only problem with it - no keeper! I refer m'learned colleagues to another thread to resolve that matter

rutteger

Administrator
Looks great, love the older Gs and the 5900 is a classic. Some real gems on the 'bay to be had for the canny bidder, most of my collection have been from there :D

macspite

An old friend has been reborn! I decided to take the plunge today and gave my battered old DW-6600 a fresh CR2016 and a new bezel from those nice people at TikTox.

From this:

photo-6.jpg

To this:

dw6600 reborn.jpg

When I put it on my wrist it felt right and, more importantly I thought that it looked right. The wee beastie fired up straight away once the battery had been replaced and I set it to the rough time indicated by my G-1800D. When I checked it against on of my "atomics" later it was right to the second! Good omen ...

In the same session I replaced the battery in my eBay acquired DW-9000 G-Lide. Now I am torn between the two. Can I come back in the next life as an octopus so I can wear my collection all at once?

rutteger

Administrator
The revitalised 6600 is looking good. Under rated model imo.

G-Lide looks good too - at least you managed to get it working again!

macspite

It's a child or teenager's watch but it fits round my wrist comfortably (admittedly on the last hole of the band). Quick change from 24 to 12 hour via the lower right button - ideal when the officer is droning on about something at 22:00 hours and you need to make a quick recalculation to understand what time it really is. Military styled - the camo wristband doesn't show in its full glory here - part of my rather too large collection of military and faux-military tat!

IMG_0370.jpg

CASIO G-SHOCK Club-G GXS-690-3A1VER

rutteger

Administrator
It's a child or teenager's watch but it fits round my wrist comfortably (admittedly on the last hole of the band). Quick change from 24 to 12 hour via the lower right button - ideal when the officer is droning on about something at 22:00 hours and you need to make a quick recalculation to understand what time it really is. Military styled - the camo wristband doesn't show in its full glory here - part of my rather too large collection of military and faux-military tat!

View attachment 475

CASIO G-SHOCK Club-G GXS-690-3A1VER

Doesn't look overly small from the wrist pic. Casio haven't quite decided on how to pitch their G-Shock youth tange.G-Cool, G-Shock mini or ....

macspite

I'm a bit new to all this - I know what a DW-6600 is, obviously, and I know what a NATO strap is, I think. How do the two marry together - pictures would be good!

rutteger

Administrator
I'm a bit new to all this - I know what a DW-6600 is, obviously, and I know what a NATO strap is, I think. How do the two marry together - pictures would be good!

You'll need some strap adapters, will dig out some pics and details tomorrow....

Status
Not open for further replies.