My second G-Shock, the Mighty GX-56!

Subcrunk

Picked this up from Amazon about a week ago. I wanted another "really large" G-Shock, as my first was the GD-100 and I think it fits awesome. Read some reviews, watched some videos, then ordered it...this watch is amazing! Solar powered so I could wear it during the post Apocalypse (strange obsession I have for watches, whether or not I could use them after some sort of major global event :p), and the negative display looks nice. Hasn't been a problem reading it, definitely not as "bright" as a positive display but I've been able to see the time clearly probably 99 percent of the time. Huge watch, but honestly I don't think it looks too massive or out of place.

I'm still not sure what made me venture into the land of G-Shocks. I had been collecting Invictas for quite a while, but I was tired of being burned with their quality control (I can give details if you want them). My last non-G-Shock was a Victorinox Alpnach Chrono. Really nice watch, still have it...but some how I found G-Shocks, and whatever it is about them, I just like them. Perhaps I'll chase the elusive "high end Swiss" some time in the future, but G-Shocks are solid, well built, great quality control, and just fun. And this one might be tough enough to survive in a Fallout-eque wasteland :cool:

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg
Hanging out with my Ibanez :D
IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0805.jpg
Hangin' with the Warwick

Rufioprc88

"Solar powered so I could wear it during the post Apocalypse (strange obsession I have for watches, whether or not I could use them after some sort of major global event )"

Hahaha so I guess I'm not alone on that one! xD

analogic

Nice choice! It must be a bass player thing, because I love the chunky G-shocks too :) And I really dig the cap around the back cover (rubber, plastic?) like the Mudman has. Does anyone know other models that have this cap? Oh, and how does the size compare to your GD-100? Do you happen to have a comparison photo?

fenderstrat1184

Very awesome! For some reason, I too have been thinking about whether or not my g would weather the zombie apocalypse. I guess only time will tell!

Shocker

Nice choice! It must be a bass player thing, because I love the chunky G-shocks too :) And I really dig the cap around the back cover (rubber, plastic?) like the Mudman has. Does anyone know other models that have this cap?

Off the top of my head, the 9000/9300 Mudmans have it. Also the Riseman, King and I believe the Gulfman, but somebody correct me if I'm wrong or add to my list.