Incoming G-Shock DW-6000 with 1/1000 stopwatch

rutteger

Administrator
Here is the latest arrival, a G-Shock DW-6000 with the all important 1/1000 second stopwatch. Quite what use a stopwatch of such extraordinary accuracy is to anyone other than Bruce Lee I suppose only Casio know. Anyhow like the old school style, been on the lookout for one for a while, had a DW-8700 briefly which was a unsatisfactory substitute.

On to the pics!

IMG_4178.jpg

IMG_4175.jpg

And the wrist picture

IMG_4179.jpg

If anyone has the DW-6000 manual that'd be cool. Managed to find the manual in Japanese > http://ftp.casio.co.jp/pub/manual/ww/qw904.pdf but not English sadly, not in the Casio archive.

Watch was from eBay. Price was OK (ish), sadly one button didn't work and the keeper wasn't original. Found a proper keeper from the spares box, took the back off to find the battery had been changed not so well, back of module a bit bent and not seated properly on the case, hence the button problem. Also no seal. Seated the module properly and put a seal in. All well now, not sure if I'll bother going back to the seller or not...

rutteger

Administrator
Cheers BT. This G certainly has a lot of buttons with 6!

Not as much need for the manual as it goes, managed to get it mostly working, the non-working button confused me a little...