Prototype Baby-G

macspite

I have been bubbling over with excitement knowing that this was on its way. When I got home last night there was a note through the door - my neighbour had taken in a parcel.

So I went two doors down to retrieve it, a parcel wrapped in pink birthday paper and festooned with Japanese stamps, a trick my Japanese contact has used before to make the item look like a gift.

I had managed to get it through this guy I had bought from before on eBay who offers to buy on Yahoo Japan auctions on your behalf - for a fee of course - but I wanted this so much that I didn't mind paying the premium.

It is a prototype or proof of concept Baby-G - not a production model but something that was cobbled together to demonstrate an idea by the research engineers. And what a concept - touch screen - from 1989!

Here is the story as told by Lori, the actual seller:

It is conceptual actual proof of the prototype watch unique baby G where as for this 1989 Kikuo Ibe and that team developed the range and go back.

As for this, from the watch the margin which is rubbed the thing model which shows the fact that it does is very large, in order to display that production model using the material for why hand, functionality of the touch screen the range of the watch for the woman it was the attempt which is offered.

This plan of baby G, very at first stage of 1 one just of 2 the part which was made, had been broken because of this, it was the only survivor who is. It was excited the very engineer by the thought of the watch of the touch picture, but - before almost 25 years please remember - while offering the standard of the tenacity which concept of the G impact which the problem range is expected baby G and furthermore please can point to the package of the whole sufficiently small because of large G impact.

In addition that at that time as for the screen as for this time it was much rougher at pixel density, is, therefore attempt of miniaturization in that of the dial was exactly difficult even excessively in reading, is, it was led.

As for me as for us clearout is 2-3 month before, that when very it is excited speaking to the colleague before some that of Shibuya which is obtained without the causing re which is the value which is thought, my father obtained that, but when I find that in that possession ones, is not secure, is.

My father Italian American met to how, my mother, after leaving the US Navy in Japan, next solved, but whether (as for story Madam Butterfly of the lady it seems as in edition of very happy end!)

My mother and I probably will desire the fact that it maintains that, but you must go so passively, before I may continue at the university it reaches to essential principle and rather than there being a tuition which it should you pay to me many it does not offer Casio annuity. The extent which desires the fact that it is the large joy I winning auction, using the possession of the friend

Thank you so many, your friend, Lori Polfa

And when you have spent a total of £1412 in purchase, shipping and fees ($4112) then the watch should be pretty special - it is!

april baby g.jpg

rutteger

Administrator
Brilliant.

Have to admit I was puzzled first time I checked it out. Until of course I recalled the date ;) What actually is it?!?

macspite

20120317_163446.jpg

It's a £10 wrist mounted blood pressure monitor, played around with in GIMP, the open-source alternative to photoshop. Lettering removed, CASIO and Baby-G added, digits altered and then a dose of motion blur and lens flare to make the rework less obvious.