Which watch should I get?

VinoVincento

Hey guys, thanks for visiting, so anyways I am currently using the G shock G9300GB, and was wondering to buy another G shock. The 9300 is pretty thick and heavy for a watch and I was thinking of getting the new 2012 solar military green ones. I was thinking especially of the G-5600KG-3DR, but was wondering if I should get the GXW-56KG-3JF instead as it looks tougher. Personally I just want a casual watch but sometimes I am pretty careless and WILL hit my watches on hard and sharp objects, but since it's a G- Shock the G-5600KG will survive right? I'm more concerned to the metal buttons as I would not like them to be scratched.
Well thanks for reading and replying

Shocker

Get the new King. The 5600's are tiny compared to the 9300. If you're used to a larger watch, the King GXW-56KG-3JF is great. You'll have to order it from Japan, though. The King is just about as thick as the 9300, FYI. Anything metal can and will scratch, so you might be better off with the buttons on the King versus the 5600.

agentzigzag

Try the king on first, I absolutely loved the look of them and had every intention of buying one but when I visited GSE and tried one on it was just TOO big. Im not a super skinny bloke either.

Shocker

My wrists are 6.5", and the King fits well. The King wears only slightly wider than the 9300, not much difference on the wrist. Long live the King! (I actually prefer wearing the 9300 but you must own a King before you can be the judge)

agentzigzag

My wrists are 6.5", and the King fits well. The King wears only slightly wider than the 9300, not much difference on the wrist. Long live the King! (I actually prefer wearing the 9300 but you must own a King before you can be the judge)

or just try one on for size. As I said, I love the look of them but its worth trying before you buy, the size isnt for everyone.

Shocker

He's from Australia; there aren't many options for "trying before buying" in my experience. Buying from reputable dealer who accepts returns is another option. As is the sales forum if it's too big.

To the OP: If you think you could go slightly larger than your 9300, go for the King. If 9300 feels as large as you want to go, then look elsewhere. 5600's are good but feel too small, IMO.

k1ngunit

i am glad i tried on a king before i just bought one out of impulse. it looked ridiculous on my wrist. i really wanted to like it but not for me. my gd-100 fits and looks good on my wrist, and mudman fits like a charm. i really do want a 5600 but i think im going to try and save up for a 5610. i like how slim they are to the wrist, a nice change.

agentzigzag

i am glad i tried on a king before i just bought one out of impulse. it looked ridiculous on my wrist. i really wanted to like it but not for me. my gd-100 fits and looks good on my wrist, and mudman fits like a charm. i really do want a 5600 but i think im going to try and save up for a 5610. i like how slim they are to the wrist, a nice change.
I'm glad I'm not the only one!