Really like the EQW-A1000DC

stevenbgs1100

I love this Edifice model.
http://www.casioonline.co.uk/Watches/Edifice/EQW-A1000DC-1AER/

I do like the Edific range of watches too. Some unique designs at good prices too.
I like the M1100DB model as well.

However the Flagship A1000 model watches are nice.
I like all 3 of them but the A1000DC is my fave although it's really expensive.
All UK stockists list it at the RRP of £600.
Yet the £550 RRP A1000DB can be had for £370 at Tictactime with the A1000C at £395 with an RRP of £450.

I see loads of A1000DC's on ebay but I'm dubious about buying from Hong Kong, Japan and overseas in general due to any potential warranty issues etc.

jaydeeohh

Agreed. I might have to pick up an Edifice myself. I've been looking at them lately and they have some very nice designs.

stevenbgs1100

Agreed. I might have to pick up an Edifice myself. I've been looking at them lately and they have some very nice designs.

Some of the cheaper models still look decent too.
They are quite distinctive to me as they all seem to have a unique design with faces being various colours and textures.

I think I'd rather spend lots of money of a decent Casio than the same money on a cheap Tag Heur or similar.
:)

rutteger

Administrator
Great choice! This model has the new Smart Access system, see our article on the Edifice EQW-A1000 here.

I've never really conisdered warranty with watches from HK to be honest. However had a Casio International Warranty with a couple of Gs I bought from Japan (in person admittedly), might be worth asking after this from the HK sellers...

I love this Edifice model.
http://www.casioonline.co.uk/Watches/Edifice/EQW-A1000DC-1AER/

I do like the Edific range of watches too. Some unique designs at good prices too.
I like the M1100DB model as well.

However the Flagship A1000 model watches are nice.
I like all 3 of them but the A1000DC is my fave although it's really expensive.
All UK stockists list it at the RRP of £600.
Yet the £550 RRP A1000DB can be had for £370 at Tictactime with the A1000C at £395 with an RRP of £450.

I see loads of A1000DC's on ebay but I'm dubious about buying from Hong Kong, Japan and overseas in general due to any potential warranty issues etc.

stevenbgs1100

Great choice! This model has the new Smart Access system, see our article on the Edifice EQW-A1000 here.

I've never really conisdered warranty with watches from HK to be honest. However had a Casio International Warranty with a couple of Gs I bought from Japan (in person admittedly), might be worth asking after this from the HK sellers...

I wish it was the £460 stated in the article...lol
Watchshop sell it for £600...ouch
I've messaged Tictactime but they've replied saying they don't sell the Black label edition. Just the other two.

I do get a half decent discount with H Samuel, so I've emailed them about possibly getting it in.
I'll also email the Hong Kong seller about it.
:encouragement:

stevenbgs1100

Price is way better in the US, I have this model in stock if you are interested..

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-casio-edifice-eqw-a1000dc-1a-smart-access-brand-new-668357.html

Thanks for your kind offer.
$700 is certainly better.
However I'd need to pay by credit card until I get paid at the end of this month which means it will have probably sold by then.
However, if it has not sold to anyone I may well contact you.
I've also contacted an oline retailer today about the A1000B as I like the colour combo and I'm sure I could change the strap to a black ion plated bracelet one in the future.....:encouragement:

stevenbgs1100

I've now decided that the EQW-M1100 is also a very nice watch. Both the resin strap model with orange on black digits as well as the Silver stainless bracelet model (the Black label model is lovely but too pricey again). I had a look in the shop today and it felt nice, looked the part and is substantially cheaper than the A1000DC (Black label). This silver stainless model can be had for £225.
However, I have been offered a chance to buy the resin strap EQW-A1000B for £337 (RRP of £450) and this watch is exactly the same as the A1000DC Black label with Smart Access etc but with a black/blue bezel and the resin strap.
Tough choice. I'm not overly keen on the A1000DB stainless silver model.
I'll probably not use the stopwatch function much so not fussed about that. They both have Radio Controlled time keeping and are solar powered.

EQW-A1000B:
http://www.watchshop.com/mens-casio...urce=froogle&gclid=CPP6xJD3qq8CFaYJtAodPgRaZg

EQW-M1100DB:
http://www.watchshop.com/mens-casio...-eqw-m1100db-1aer-p99936348.html?altproduct=1

rutteger

Administrator
That is indeed a tough choice, both look great watches. I'd personally go with the Smart Access model becasue the dial looks marginally cleaner (and of course becasue it has the Smart Access). Let us know which you go for :cool:

stevenbgs1100

That is indeed a tough choice, both look great watches. I'd personally go with the Smart Access model becasue the dial looks marginally cleaner (and of course becasue it has the Smart Access). Let us know which you go for :cool:

The only drawback I can see with any of the metal bracelet models is the bracelet getting scratched and scuffed.
Casio encourage you to wear the solar watch outside of the sleeve of course so having a desk job like I have means I'd likely end up getting it scratched and scuffed.

Both do look good. I love the M1100DC with the black ion plating and green/yellow face but it's loads of money. The M1100B resin strap model isn't so great looking but still not bad.
I agree with the A1000B having a cleaner look.
I've seen the A1000DC in the flesh and liked that. Seen the M1100DB in the flesh too....and liked that.
Hmmm...:confused: