Really like the EQW-A1000DC

rutteger

Administrator
I'd not worry about the metal bracelet and 'desk diving' marks overly, would imagine most metal bracelted divers are worn at a desk anyhow ;)

macspite

I have the M1100DC, great piece of kit. The ion coating is quite fragile though, even taking great care when taking a couple of links out of the bracelet (using the correct tools) I managed to leave a little mark.

The watch is very capable, though not easy to read in any function other than time keeping. Because the case is not constructed like a G-Shock there more space for the actual works, even so the printing on the face is hard for me to read, even with glasses.

20120411_110529.jpg

The watch doesn't have the smart access function, changing modes involves waiting while the hands and dials move to their new positions which is a fascinating process to watch and never fails to entertain me. Though I prefer analog for telling the time at a quick glance - I don't have to focus to see the position of the hands - I will happily admit that if I need serious countdown or stopwatch functions then any of my digitals are easier to operate, if I need 1/1000 second accuracy my G-7710 does the job admirably.

Because of the case style the crystal is unprotected, it is set flush with the surround. The one downer on this watch for me is the 4 screw back, a screwback like the Frogmen would be so much more in keeping with the precision engineering aspect of this watch. So, bearing in mind it is more delicate, less protected and less easy to read than £50 worth of digital G-Shock why buy it?

Because it is a beautiful piece of ingenious engineering and looks and feels so good on the wrist!

This one isn't for sale but, if you hanker after some finely crafted metal, plastic and electronics I am putting this on eBay tomorrow:

20120407_144658.jpg

20120407_144627.jpg

Or buy it here for £14,995 :D

stevenbgs1100

Cracking watch there macspite. Love the looks.
Thanks for your input too. I'm glad I've decided not to buy the A1000DC as it's a lot of money and I'd hate for the Ion Plating to be so fragile.
My colleagues Rolex has a silver stainless bracelet and it's over 5 years old with only minor markings on the bracelet buckle. My cheap Casio digital with metal bracelet has wear marks around the bracelet but then again I used it for running, wearing to work etc.
I'll give this some more thought. I like the M1100B but I also like the G-Shock GW-3500 (yellow black/black black) models.

Nice Merc. I work for Mercedes-Benz albeit with Commercial vehicles. The AMG CLK's are a tasty piece of kit.....so best of luck with the sale. ;-)

stevenbgs1100

Well, I've bought another watch.
I had a change of heart and did a bit of searching and read a nice review and purchase feedback reviews (which were all very positive) from an online retailer and decided it was the watch for me.
It's cheaper than I both the Edifice models....and it's a G-Shock....to add to my collection.

:cool:

macspite

I'll give this some more thought. I like the M1100B but I also like the G-Shock GW-3500 (yellow black/black black) models.

I have a GW-3000B which I also love, slightly easier to read than the Edifice, lighter due to resin strap rather than steel bracelet (which I would have preferred) and with the same whizzy hands when changing modes to keep me amused. A very capable watch which was selected after a great deal of research as my first modern G-Shock, effectively number 1 of around 70 now.

I considered the GW-3500 as I liked the black/yellow colours; in the end orange/black won out. I also prefer full analog or full digital rather than hybrid though I wasn't so dogmatic 9 months ago when my G-Shock quest began - Good Luck with your search :D

20120330_122737.jpg

Nice Merc. I work for Mercedes-Benz albeit with Commercial vehicles. The AMG CLK's are a tasty piece of kit.....so best of luck with the sale. ;-)

Thanks, it isn't my car though I do have the owner's permission :D Also selling his Freelander

Working for Mercedes Commercial, eh? You wouldn't have any unwanted military trucks or Unimogs you need to get rid of by any chance ...

stevenbgs1100

I have a GW-3000B which I also love, slightly easier to read than the Edifice, lighter due to resin strap rather than steel bracelet (which I would have preferred) and with the same whizzy hands when changing modes to keep me amused. A very capable watch which was selected after a great deal of research as my first modern G-Shock, effectively number 1 of around 70 now.

I considered the GW-3500 as I liked the black/yellow colours; in the end orange/black won out. I also prefer full analog or full digital rather than hybrid though I wasn't so dogmatic 9 months ago when my G-Shock quest began - Good Luck with your search :D

View attachment 2945

Thanks, it isn't my car though I do have the owner's permission :D Also selling his Freelander

Working for Mercedes Commercial, eh? You wouldn't have any unwanted military trucks or Unimogs you need to get rid of by any chance ...

I like the GW-3000's too but as I have a full analogue Giez 1100 I thought something different would be nice so I went for the GW-3500B-1AER.

Unimog's are not a common entity in my area of work. I work in Contract Hire finance at the moment so most of the vehicles I do are Vito's right up to the big 8x4 Tippers etc. I have quoted Unimog's in the past though.
MB used vehicles might be your best bet for one of them. Buyers tend to keep them for a number of years due to the big expensive and the unique work they do for the customers that buy them. :encouragement:

rutteger

Administrator
Glad you finally made a choice, the GW-3500 is a good one too :D Look forward to seeing it in WRUW.

@macspite - slightly dissapointed you aren't trying to flog the boat. The Merc is OK too I guess :p

macspite

@macspite - slightly dissapointed you aren't trying to flog the boat. The Merc is OK too I guess :p

I will happily flog the boat. Offers over £100,000

There is a slight difference between the boat and the car. I have the owner's permission to sell the car ...