Source for modules

Frenchy

Probably easiest to buy a complete watch with poor cosmetics.
Might be the way I have to go I read somewhere on the net that Casio (in the States) sell some spares I think the article mentioned strap adapters @$2 each.Are all the modules model specific or will modules fit multiple cases?

rutteger

Administrator
Probably easiest to buy a complete watch with poor cosmetics.

What he says really. Check our G-Shock spare parts suppliers article in the wiki. Pretty sure I've seen modules listed on pacparts, however not heard of anyone buying one. Almost certainly best waiting for a cheap watch with a good module to come up....

macspite

Might be the way I have to go I read somewhere on the net that Casio (in the States) sell some spares I think the article mentioned strap adapters @$2 each.Are all the modules model specific or will modules fit multiple cases?

I think the 1199 and 1289 may be interchangeable but I have never tried. The plastic bit that fits between module and glass will need changing also by which time you have made a 6600 out of a 6900 or vice versa.

Strap adaptors for $2? I would definitely go for that! Details please unless it is a misreading of $12 which seems to be the going rate.

Frenchy

What he says really. Check our G-Shock spare parts suppliers article in the wiki. Pretty sure I've seen modules listed on pacparts, however not heard of anyone buying one. Almost certainly best waiting for a cheap watch with a good module to come up....
Is it possible to swap modules and cases or am I stuck waiting for a specific model?

SICSHOCKER

I too might be looking to swap modules. Looking to possibly update an older DW6900MS-1 that I just purchased, depending on which module it contains. Was considering a swap with the G6900CC-1 with the RED background or possibly even one with negative display and silver text.

rutteger

Administrator
I too might be looking to swap modules. Looking to possibly update an older DW6900MS-1 that I just purchased, depending on which module it contains. Was considering a swap with the G6900CC-1 with the RED background or possibly even one with negative display and silver text.

Pretty sure you can't swap the module from a DW-6900 to a G-6900 and vice versa.

SICSHOCKER

Pretty sure you can't swap the module from a DW-6900 to a G-6900 and vice versa.

Ahh, I was just coming back to post that the G6900CC-1 is Tough Solar. I wasn't sure about that before. There's always the DW-6900SB-8 with red display or perhaps I'll have to go with my second suggestion with negative display from a DW6900HM-2?

Edit to add... is the color in the module or in the film? If it's just the film, this whole idea is pointless. :)

Frenchy

I think the 1199 and 1289 may be interchangeable but I have never tried. The plastic bit that fits between module and glass will need changing also by which time you have made a 6600 out of a 6900 or vice versa.

Strap adaptors for $2? I would definitely go for that! Details please unless it is a misreading of $12 which seems to be the going rate.
Found it on a watchuseek link
Where can I buy strap adapters to use with Nato/Zulu/Maratec bands?
If you live in the US call Casio at 1-800-223-2001. Just ask for end-pieces for the DW-5600EB (Casio part #74243710), they cost $2 USD each as opposed to the $12 everyone else charges.
http://www.countycomm.com/adapter.htm
http://www.broadarrow.net/maratac.htm
http://www.westcoastime.com/gshocadcasfo.html
Note: there are some Official Casio parts, and also third party ones. Both will work, but there is a slight difference between the two.