WRUW : 16th Apr - > 22nd Apr

chavo60

Sorry guys.... Business meeting today had to change it up.
IMAG0335.jpg

My son is wearing his "Gshock" .... Following daddys footsteps
IMAG0334.jpg

rutteger

Administrator
@macspite - nice score :)
@chavo60 - yeah, not so shabby.
@jaydeeohh - Like the citizen, quite an item. Is it as big as it looks...

Gone with the DW-6000 which is now back in action following a 'seal issue'.

IMGP6428.jpg

macspite

Nice one Dave! The iPhone camera seems quite capable in the right lighting, I had a 3Gs which surprised me on occasion. Tried Lightroom a while ago and didn't get on with it.

Being a cheapskate I use the open source GIMP for graphics and photo processing when the situation requires, for general snaps of watches I use my Galaxy Note phablet and Picasa - it is free and reasonable good for most purposes though the latest version has joined the trend and offers all sorts of not particularly useful effects.

How easy was it to produce the spot colour picture of your GFW-1000?

daveathall

It took me quite a long time Rob, I used an app (colour splash) to give me a head start by bleaching out most of the colour on the phone itself and then used the adjustment brush in Lightroom to fine tune the image. Must admit, I am very impressed with the iPhone camera, nice and easy for wrist shots.

I find that the trick with the iPhone is controlling hand shake, the touching of the screen seems unnatural and the new way of pressing one of the volume buttons had me all over the place, the other thing I do is dance around the subject like a drunken Comanche taking gazillions of photos and then being really strict with the weeding process, 9 times out of 10 I will only end up keeping 1.

I was pleased with the way this one turned out, all I ended up doing was cropping it in quite close.

IMG_1021.jpg