WRUW : 16th Apr - > 22nd Apr

macspite

For about a month I have heard a faint bleeping sound from somewhere in my bedroom at odd hours of the day and night. I hadn't bothered much about finding it, none of the beaters on the bedside table were the culprits and by the time the noise had registered it only lasted a couple of seconds more.

But it was puzzling.

Went out to a committee meeting last night (in my Mazda MX-3) and decided to wear my all singing, all dancing frog to impress the yokels. I needed some paperwork that I had neglected for quite some while so grabbed the bag it was in and, for some reason, rooted in the side pockets.

This cheeky little miscreant came out:

20120420_132510.jpg

One of the beaters I had taken to Wales with me at the beginning of March and left in the document case since. It's got to the point that I have so many G-Shocks that I am losing track of them!

Any suggestions for cheap but stylish storage for a large collection?

rutteger

Administrator
@daveathall - Nice images and manipulation. What's the Seiko, something modded?

@therooster - quality classic, great stuff.

Gone analog today with the Giez and old school with the carpet.

IMGP6433.jpg

daveathall

@daveathall - Nice images and manipulation. What's the Seiko, something modded?

Thank you very much, it is a Seiko SRP043k1 or Spork, they have stopped making this model, I originally got it on a rubber strap and change it to a Watchadoo bracelet, I then sent off for a red second hand and had that fitted.

IMG_4072.jpg

IMG_4788.jpg

rutteger

Administrator
@daveathall Not been following the world of Seiko so closely recently, that model I really like. Super clean dial. Looks crisp on the watchadoo. Having seen this might have to dig out my SS samurai and find the bracelet for this. Nice pro-trek too...

rutteger

Administrator
@BT - shame that GX-56 lacks a Confederate flag and custom dixie beeper. A Dukes of Hazzard x G-Shock would be awesome :p

Anyhow went with the lightly modded DW-6600 today.

2012-04-21 20.55.39.jpg