G-shock countdown timer problem

JustAsk

Already posted this on watchuseek.com forum nut I want to try my luck here also.

I have an Casio G-Shock Waveceptor AWG-100-1AER Tough Solar. I really like my watch but it has a small problem, sometimes (not every time) my watch countdown timer reaches 0 but doesn't makes a sound. I use the timer every time i go to gym so this is very annoying for me. The battery is "hi".

If I schedule the alarm at a certain time works perfectly, but if I make a test (holding D in alarm mode).. Worked one time, then... silence, the same problem.

Does anybody had this problem with this model, or another g-shock?

Thanks!

rutteger

Administrator
How old or new is the watch? If it's under warranty I'd return it. Otherwise I'd consider new batteries and also ensure the alarm spring makes good contact. The alarm spring in most Casios can be seen on the back of the module and connects module to inside of caseback - you will of course have to remove the back.

stevenbgs1100

How long have you been wearing the watch to the gym?
Has it always been this way?
It maybe that somehow the watch may have had water ingress and if your salty sweat has got in there then that could cause damage being corrosive.
Best take it into an authorised repairer to check out.

JustAsk

The clock is about 6 months old and is bought from Amazon.com. Do you know what is the procedure to send it back? (I'm living in Europe, Romania)
Is my first G-Shock.

Thanks for answers guys.

rutteger

Administrator
How long have you been wearing the watch to the gym?
Has it always been this way?
It maybe that somehow the watch may have had water ingress and if your salty sweat has got in there then that could cause damage being corrosive.
Best take it into an authorised repairer to check out.

I'd not picked up the gym bit. Does sound a possibility of water ingress I suppose. I would send it back, not sure on the return procedure for Amazon.com, should be straightforward though.

JustAsk

Hi guys,

I think that the problem was solved.
I was at an authorized Casio service from my country (the only one i think).
They said that I have to keep my alarm function on. Indeed, now IT WORKS (the timer and the alarm test), but this solution it is a little bit... weird for me. Has some logic for you?

rutteger

Administrator
Hi guys,

I think that the problem was solved.
I was at an authorized Casio service from my country (the only one i think).
They said that I have to keep my alarm function on. Indeed, now IT WORKS (the timer and the alarm test), but this solution it is a little bit... weird for me. Has some logic for you?

If it works that is always a good thing !

By alarm do you mean have the alarm set and switched on for a certain time? Or do you mean have the 'sound' on, some Gs can be muted which will disable all sound.

JustAsk

If it works that is always a good thing !

By alarm do you mean have the alarm set and switched on for a certain time? Or do you mean have the 'sound' on, some Gs can be muted which will disable all sound.

The alarm set and switched on for a certain time. That's the strange stuff, but it works.

rutteger

Administrator
Hmmm. Perhaps another forum member can test on a similar model. However this does seem wrong to me. Perhaps you could find a similar model in a store to compare the functionality.