DW-9100 Riseman modded onto GW-7900MS strap

rutteger

Administrator
Here are the results of my latest mini project. I have had G-Shock DW-9100 Riseman in the past but have never been super happy with the fabric strap, not only do they look a little slender for the Riseman body but generally most are starting to look a little tired by now. There is of course the resin strapped DW-9100 Riseman such as the Terje editions, however these seem to go for strong money!

So, here was my latest Riseman as it arrived. Dial and resin looked clean enough, however strap was tatty at best. The caseback was also on upside down which is never a good sign, however stripped the watch down and checked inside, all in order which was nice.

IMGP6439.jpg

So what strap to go for? I'd seen elsewhere (another forum, can't find it again) a DW-9100 Riseman on a GW-7900MS strap so decided to give that a go. The measurements seem to tally up and was hoping the strap would go on with the rear Riseman case resin, know some straps will only fit with the removed. Strap was ordered from Tiktox > http://www.tiktox.com and duly arrived yesterday.

Gave the Riseman a good clean and fitted the new strap which involved taking the bezel off. Strap is a tight fit but once on it fits a treat! To me at least the strap looks a perfect fit (with both front and rear parts of the bezel), the width matches the bulk of the Riseman well, reckon this is a big improvement on the stock straps :) As ever a picture tells a 100 words so hear you go, think you can see what a good match the strap is :cool: You might also spot the trend graph going doooown - it is indeed quite rainy here ;)

IMG_4339.jpgIMG_4337.jpg
IMG_4340.jpgIMG_4342.jpg
IMG_4344.jpgIMG_4345.jpg

DADA

Hey,

I know it's been a while since you modded your DW-9100, but do you have any idea where I can get the strap you used?
There is only one strap for the GW-7900MS at TikTox. But this one is has an orange underside. An all black one isn't even available.

Do you know of any similar sites to TikTox, where I maybe get an all black strap?

Thanks