Decoding G-Shock model numbers

akios

good list. I didn't know a lot of those. What about the model suffix "E" for electroluminescent? Like on the DW5600E. Also, aren't the watches with model type code "G" tough solar? Maybe that's what it's for? (touGh solar? it's just a wild guess)

Spencer Lee

In the 'Special Suffixes', 'MC' is for the 'Jam in' series, 'MM' is 'Masai mara' series, 'SL' is 'Spike Lee', 'EH' is 'Eric Haze', 'SP' is the 25th Anniversry 'Team Tough' model, 'CF' also applies to the 'G-Python' Series, 'GH' for the 'G-Viper' series, 'BM' for the 'G-Raven' series. I'll see what else i can dig up!

akios

Another thing, the type code AWG description was Analogue Water resistant "?". I think that AWG means that it's an analogue water resistant with solar.

rutteger

Administrator
Cheers for the suggestions, will get the list updated over the next couple of days.

One thing I'm unsure on is the G suffix, although GW is normally tough solar waveceptor G is quite often not tough solar.

akios

Ah, did not know that. I had thought that when it was just G-etc it was always tough solar. Well, shows what I know, since I'm fairly new to g shocks anyway :) I'm very interested in the model numbers though.