Gulfman strap?

Andy205

I managed to grab a Gulfman for a cheeky price off ebay and was thinking about changing the standard black resin strap for something a bit brighter. Ideally I want to go orange but I can't find anything other than an old thread on watchuseek suggesting a Riseman strap would fit.

It's not life threatening (well, until Mrs 205 finds out that I've bought another while the plumbers are in replacing the boiler etc at a cost of over £3k...) but quite fancy customising this one - it's a standard black model with red lettering.

TIA

rutteger

Administrator
Nice work :D

The straps from a G-9100 (and I assume GW-9100) Gulfman can indeed be exchanged with the straps from a GW-9200 Riseman. Just tried it and it works fine, only difference is the Riseman has a double buckle.

Andy205

Picked it up tonight and mint. Quick scrub with some soap and toothbrush and good as new. Needs that orange strap though!

Andy205

Found one BUT it has the logos for the rescue model so not ideal. Can they be removed safely? I can't find an orange strap anywhere else.

rutteger

Administrator
Interesting, the two orange MIRO / G-Rescue watches / straps I've had have lacked any special logos. Can't say 100% on removing logos but you might be able to do so with either goof off (whatever this is, seems recommended by the US G-Shockers) or acetone (nail varnish remover). Might work out easier / cheaper in the long run hanging onto the black G-9100 until you can score a orange one for a good price. Know I bought my G-9100R-4 for around £50 and sold my blue G-9100 for not an awful lot less....

Andy205

True and an excuse for another one :) if you don't mind me asking where did you find "logo-less" orange straps? Spent most of the evening scouring the bay etc.

rutteger

Administrator
The band and bezel set I have for the G-9200R Riseman is this one I assume > http://www.tiktox.com/g9200r4-bezel-strap-p-2499.php and only has the normal text to band and bezel. My G-9100R is like this one (not my pic, bubbly Tubs) and also lacks any special logos.

f6cdef80.jpg

Any pics of the straps with logos.

Good excuse for another is right :cool:

Andy205

The tiktox link is the same one I found but the 9200 has Tough Solar & Twin Sensor whereas the 9100 has Rust Resist & Dual Illuminator. Can't find a 9100 rescue strap anywhere so far.