First custom project

Andy205

Won a cheap DW6600 module with strap last night and embarking on my first custom G. Hasn't arrived yet so deciding on colour scheme. Has anyone got any ideas or suggestions?

macspite

Hi Andy,

The bezels for DW-6600 (nice watch!) and the DW-6900 are interchangeable so you have the option of finding a bezel you like either on eBay or elsewhere - tiktox.com are good people to check for bezels and straps. Alternatively you can go the stealth route which basically involves removing all the painted lettering and either leaving just the moulding or filling in with a dark grey. Or fill in with a bright colour.

My approach to modifying, on the very few I have done is to see what the market provides, hence my custom 6600 was a cheapie bought from Greece with a bezel and adapters from eBay and a strap from another eBay deal - though tiktox certainly used to have a range of cloth/velcro straps.

Alongside an official model the result looks almost as if designed by Casio (to my eyes anyway):

20120424_111610.jpg

rutteger

Administrator
Nice score. What colour is the strap, black I assume? Black bezel would be the obvious choice, although a white bezel (like the recent Hundreds collab) might look quite crisp.

Andy205

Black strap but until it arrives unsure of condition. All my models are black so will likely do something different with this one. Googling lots of different colours until I find something I like the look of. Watching a couple of other cheapies on the bay too. Rather addictive!

Frenchy

Black strap but until it arrives unsure of condition. All my models are black so will likely do something different with this one. Googling lots of different colours until I find something I like the look of. Watching a couple of other cheapies on the bay too. Rather addictive!
I'm looking to change the bezel colour on my black G100 but they are hard to source. I'm convinced that Casio could make a fortune by making bezels, movements, straps etc more easily available as I'm sure the market for modders would be lucrative.But then maybe they might feel it would dilute the special editions market.

rutteger

Administrator
Yeah, wouldn't mind at least looking at one but can't help thinking it's a solution to a problem which doesn't exist. Can't see them being any stronger than a Casio band.