Non paying eBayer

macspite

So - do we need a name and shame section somewhere then? Possible legal implications but ...

1970-david

dconway40@gmail.com

I'm not having a good fortnight :( - sold a car on eBay and after a week the buyer informed me he wasn't going to collect "as my wife doesn't want me to have it", phone and credit cards stolen on Tuesday - £500 quid phone not insured ... - this joker messing me around and a guy in the States fretting that the watch i sent him Airsure tracked and insured on 3rd of may has yet to turn up.

The last one is suggesting that he gets the money back off PayPal and I claim off post office - surely I would only get cost of postage back and he would get cost of goods or does the PO give me all the money and trust me to pay out the buyer? And what happens to the PayPal fees?

Frenchy

So - do we need a name and shame section somewhere then? Possible legal implications but ...

1970-david

dconway40@gmail.com

I'm not having a good fortnight :( - sold a car on eBay and after a week the buyer informed me he wasn't going to collect "as my wife doesn't want me to have it", phone and credit cards stolen on Tuesday - £500 quid phone not insured ... - this joker messing me around and a guy in the States fretting that the watch i sent him Airsure tracked and insured on 3rd of may has yet to turn up.

The last one is suggesting that he gets the money back off PayPal and I claim off post office - surely I would only get cost of postage back and he would get cost of goods or does the PO give me all the money and trust me to pay out the buyer? And what happens to the PayPal fees?

Good idea another forum I use has one it's a great tool.

rutteger

Administrator
Might be worth a name and shame thread for bad eBayers .

Probably best not to be publishing personal details over and above eBay ID and email address, not really sure as to the legalities of it.

@macspite - sounds like an iffy run. Hope you can get your fees back on the car. As for the other I'd get that money out of PP asap and make sure the other party goes through eBay, surely if it's airsure / tracked you're safe? Are you able to see where it is?

macspite

Not impressed by Airsure - tracking info shortly after posting shows time, date and place of posting, So far, so good. Then all it has shown for past 4 days is:

Your item, posted on 03/05/12 with reference LY********GB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Which is slightly at odds with their claim:

Airsure® can be up to one day faster than Airmail. Your item will receive priority handling at home and overseas and benefits from an online tracking facility so you can check your mail's progress along the way. We work closely with our international partners to ensure and maintain a high quality of service for our customers. For that reason, Airsure® is only available to selected destinations.

Car final value will get refunded, can relist for free I think. My Disco seems to be doing well at the moment. which is just as well as I haven't been paid for several weeks. Just one of those bleak months that occur from time to time!

rutteger

Administrator
Car final value will get refunded, can relist for free I think.

Yeah, that's something at least. Who on earth buys a car then actually decides they don't want it fp.gif