I Love G's & Can Prove It: The GB-6900 BLUETOOTH.

disavowed

Apologies to rutteger and the rest of the very cool group here for my absence... I've been a way for a couple of months, busy with life - but certainly haven't forgotten the Zone.

Explanation for the title? Well, been waiting for the coveted GB-6900 Bluetooth 4.0-enabled G since I heard about it last year and bought it as I said I would here a few months back (it launched only in Japan April 16 - got this one through a New York seller on eBay), despite the fact that I knew it would not as of yet connect to iPhones!!! ...Only NES smartphones for now. So being an Apple guy I've never used it as a Smartwatch - but it being the very first 'Smart' G-SHOCK - I had to have it.

I do understand there will be an iPhone app in the near future that will enable the GB-6900 to talk to iPhones... But in the meantime, have been seriously thinking about buying an Android phone before the release of the iPhone5 in October, just because of this G. If I do, I will certainly revisit this thread with a performance review of how it works - for example - how it notifies you of incoming email and texts, auto-logs you in and out of your computer as you approach it and leave, pings your smartphone if you can't find it, has your smartphone dial 911 in a medical emergency, etc., etc. ...

In the meantime - here are my unboxing pics... The glow by the way is bright white!!!

IMG_0719-1.jpg

IMG_0718-1.jpg

IMG_0726-1.jpg

IMG_0730-1.jpg

IMG_0732-1.jpg

IMG_0733-1.jpg

IMG_0735-1.jpg

IMG_0738-1.jpg

IMG_0739-1.jpg

IMG_0750-1.jpg

IMG_0742-1.jpg

IMG_0746-2.jpg

IMG_0748-1.jpg

k1ngunit

Really cool man thanks for sharing! Do you know if this watch is in limited production? I really want one as well!

disavowed

Really cool man thanks for sharing! Do you know if this watch is in limited production? I really want one as well!

Thanks.

I must say am amazed/surprised that I'm the only one to post pics of one on this board though...

Sjors stated on YouTube that the GB-6900's in Red (the 4JF) are limited. Not sure on the Black (the 1JF) or White (the 7JF); but the only Black GB-6900's that are available on eBay are $450 buy-it-nows - the Reds and Whites are less...

rutteger

Administrator
Very cool, glad you managed to pick one up and thanks for sharing those great pics.

Watch is looking very cool as is, when it can finally connect to a phone it will be off the scale! Not seen anything in any of the press releases about any of the colorways being limited, however not to say they aren't.

Any ideas which android phones this will support? Know you need the newest bluetooth version on the phone. Is there an android app out already?

disavowed

Very cool, glad you managed to pick one up and thanks for sharing those great pics.

Watch is looking very cool as is, when it can finally connect to a phone it will be off the scale! Not seen anything in any of the press releases about any of the colorways being limited, however not to say they aren't.

Any ideas which android phones this will support? Know you need the newest bluetooth version on the phone. Is there an android app out already?

Check this...

The demonstrator addresses the need for apps at the end of the video.

[video=youtube;WCGavG6W-Ww]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCGavG6W-Ww[/video]