Trade / Swap Parra 5600 G-shock DW-5600PR-4

ad33lak

I can't see myself wearing this so offering as a trade.

Watch is BNIB, never worn.

Willing to trade against 6900's, 6900 Collabs, GA110's, Aviators, will add cash if you have a dearer watch. Try me.

UK trades only please

Will post photos tonight or tomorrow.

Willylix

can either of you guys explain to me how trades actually work?...I've never done one before. Is it based on the honor system?...one person sends their watch to the other person, and then vice versa?....Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I feel like people can just scam people, and not send out a watch. Please enlighten me. Thanks!

k1ngunit

That's a good question Willy. I've never done one either. I would assume it'd have to be on the honor system.

Willylix

Yeah, that sucks. Because I have a couple watches bnib that people would def want, and I would probably want to see what's out there to trade them for, but I just don't trust doing that. :/

chavo60

can either of you guys explain to me how trades actually work?...I've never done one before. Is it based on the honor system?...one person sends their watch to the other person, and then vice versa?....Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I feel like people can just scam people, and not send out a watch. Please enlighten me. Thanks!

It can work many ways.. its truly up to the two people making the trade.

1) You can both mail out the watches at the same time
2) One person (most likely the person who is requesting the trade) will send his/her watch first. Once tracking information is sent, the second person mails his/her watch.
3) One person (most likely the person who is requesting the trade) will send his/her watch first. Once the watch arrives the second person mails his/her watch.

At the end of the day its up to what makes everyone comfortable and its mostly honor code. That's why you have to be careful who you deal with and do your homework.

ad33lak

Yep, based entirely on trust. I'm often reluctant to carry out trades, but thought I'd give it a go on this watch, as I will definitely lose money on a sale.

I guess Chavo60 has already answered your first question.

Shocker

The only trade I've done (and trust me I was super paranoid) was with a guy I met on ebay. He had good feedback but I was still leery. We ended up invoicing each other through Paypal for $1.00 -- That way there was a monetary transaction and a record of what watches we were trading. That way, we both had Paypal as a mediator in case of any problems. As it turned out, the trade was legit and we were both happy. This is what I would recommend for any trade.