Custom G-Shocks

k1ngunit

Have any of you ever been on the Oakley website? Or even the Nike website. Well on these websites they have a section that allows you to create your own shoes and sunglasses even dufflebags and backpacks.
With the Oakley website you can pick almost any pair they have in production. Pick your model. Pick your color lenses. Pick your "O" color. The frame color. Even add an inscription.

Anyways. I think it would be really cool if gshock did somthing like this. I know it would prob take away a little bit of the fun in hunting certain models. But I think it would be great and fun to customize my own gshock. Maybe they could limit it to only a few models like the 6900 and the 5600 . But you could change the bezel color. And the band color. And maybe the color on the face. And pos or neg display. And maybe for an extra charge they could have the option of solar and atomic.

I think it could be a cool Idea. And im sure people at g-shock a whole lot smarter people then me have already brought up the idea.

Lemme know what you guys think. Thanks.

chavo60

I was thinking about this the other day but found so many reasons why Casio wouldn't do it....

Be cool if they did though.... imagine being able to upload an image that could be printed on the bands too.... I bet users could come up with some amazing designs!

Willylix

that sounds like a really cool idea, but i doubt they would do it because then there wouldn't be all those markups for crazy colors that they only make very limited quantities of.

pacman

It's cool but that's exactly why Casio will most likely not do it. It devalues their cool collaborations.

rutteger

Administrator
It's cool but that's exactly why Casio will most likely not do it. It devalues their cool collaborations.

I guess this is one of the main reasons Casio haven't or won't do this. Although they did do some caseback customisation for Japan only a while back IIRC.

G-Shock Absorber

I suppose the closest thing you get is a jelly (transparent) G-Shock, which is super-easy to customise using RIT clothing dye.

For example, I changed my WCCS 9900 Frogman from this...

736451d1339677607-dyed-jelly-thread-med-frog-jelly.jpg

...to this...

736455d1339677664-dyed-jelly-thread-med-frog-black2.jpg