Cleaning your watch

nickyc

Might sound like a silly question, but i've never cleaned any of my watches. Some are looking a bit grubby now, some are matt and some have shiny resin. What is the best safe product to use to clean the exterior that you use?

Willylix

I actually use q-tips and nail polish remover. You have to be very careful though, I've used this on both matte and glossy finish watches. The biggest thing to be careful about, it to stay away from the indented areas on the bezel where it says 'g-shock' and 'adjust' because if you put the nail polish remover on those parts, whatever color of ink used to make those words, can easily seep out onto the rest of the watch and cause a complete mess. That happened once with me.

k1ngunit

I don't think nail polish remover is necessary. I just use soap and water and a tooth brush. seems to work pretty well for me.

nickyc

Thanks, I dont think I would want to risk it with Nail polish remover. Just wondered if there was anything out there people use that was made specifically for the job

rutteger

Administrator
Also advise using soap, water and a toothbrush. If needed you can get the watch cleaner by removing band and bezel.

Use nail varnish remover (acetone in the UK at least) with care, it will remove lettering.

On some worn black G-Shocks I've used car trim restorer with some luck on matt bands and bezels.