Are the limited editions and collaborations worth the premium?

rutteger

Administrator
Interesting how some are focussed on collecting rare limited editions and collaborations where as others have no interest at all.

What are people's views here? Is the premium worth it? Or would you prefer the same watch in it's vanilla guise and a bit of cash in the pocket?

Kiki

I personally only ever buy either early 80s originals or modern Limited Editions now.

Didn't even give it a second thought (That was until you mentioned it) that my new DW-5600VT Darth Vader is essentially a rediculously overpriced £30 DW-5600E with a new backlight and a couple of 'splodges' on the band :p

But hey-ho, thats the kind of thing we collectors do, isn't it :rolleyes:

It's all fun

rutteger

Administrator
I personally only ever buy either early 80s originals or modern Limited Editions now.

Didn't even give it a second thought (That was until you mentioned it) that my new DW-5600VT Darth Vader is essentially a rediculously overpriced £30 DW-5600E with a new backlight and a couple of 'splodges' on the band :p

But hey-ho, thats the kind of thing we collectors do, isn't it :rolleyes:

It's all fun

Is of course right and that is what differentiates the collector everyone else. If we were all absolutely pragmatic about watch choice then we'd probably all have F-91Ws...