My first Mods Part 2

nickyc

Hi everyone, hope you are all enjoying the rare heat we are having.
O.K, modifications, I thought I had it all sussed out, oh boy was I wrong. Today was a nightmare. Spring bars are officially on my most hated things list. There just does not seem to be a guaranteed method of using a spring bar tool to ensure that it goes into the hole, its just hit and miss because you cant actually see where the hole is you are pushing the pin back in blind, in the hope that it goes straight in, otherwise you end up doing it for hours which I did on one of them.Totally scratched the inside out due to the pin not being seated and flying out. But I suppose that's the risk with modifying.
God knows how I stayed so patient. Does anybody have any tips regarding re-attaching the straps's spring bar first time?
You visually check where the hole is, then push the pin in with the tool, and you think you have it in and you wiggle it to check and it pops out. Any help would be very much appreciated.
To the pics...Some of the idea's I have copied off of a person and friend that you probably all know off ebay that sells custom ones (as his colour choices are spot on), but thought I would do them myself (cheaper for me), and the others are just me mixing up things to see how they looked.

For some reason the pics are coming out back to front and not the best quality, so sorry about that. They are straight on my computer so I'm not too sure whats going on.

photo.jpg
image.jpg
image (1).jpg
image (2).jpg
image (3).jpg
image (4).jpg
image (5).jpg
image (6).jpg

nickyc

I like the blue black and yellow ga-110 that's pretty cool combo.
Thank you there sir, I did almost throw the 6900 against the wall at one point though. That strap just didnt want to stay on. But hey ho, that's half the fun NOT. lol

Boomslice

Thank you there sir, I did almost throw the 6900 against the wall at one point though. That strap just didnt want to stay on. But hey ho, that's half the fun NOT. lol

Know what you mean. Taking off the springbar is easy, putting it back on can be a real pain. Good looking mods, so much color. Getting tired of Casio putting out all those white ga110 variants. They should put out more ga110fc variants like some you've put together. Did the FC's ever make it to the states, haven't really been hunting for them, but haven't seen them.