Almost bought a fake g-shock. (ebay annoyances)

shutter

Phew. I'm so glad that I stumbled to this website after :mad: placing highest bid on ebay for ga-100 black.
Contacted seller and told him that I would not pay for it if my bid wins because it seems to be fake and soon after I reported that listing counterfeit/fake.
Lesson learned. Double check everything before placing a bid and if something is too good to be true it's probably not. :black_eyed:

Here is the listing if anyone is interested (http://www.ebay.com/itm/221083095855?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1431.l2649)

Share your thoughts and/or tell your own horror stories about ebay. :confused:

stevenbgs1100

Looks like a good fake but the left hand eye doesn't seem right to me. Mine doesn't have the dividing lines in the circle. A genuine one has a quadrant left eye. One digit for each option.
Your right about the fact that if it's too good to be true that's most likely the case.
Every now and then a bargain pops up but G-Shocks are one of the most copied watches out there....crazy....

reese07

And its a shame that there faked as much as they are considering the price of the watches seems like it would be more profitable to fake the high end Swiss brands not watches that generally retail for less than two hundred but I guess it works for them.

shutter

And its a shame that there faked as much as they are considering the price of the watches seems like it would be more profitable to fake the high end Swiss brands not watches that generally retail for less than two hundred but I guess it works for them.

I think that the risks of selling a fake g-shock is lower because it's easier to get away with it than making high end copy and selling it with higher profit. But still its crazy and annoying. I'm really considering of buying my next watches from local stores only :mad: