Collections?

rutteger

Administrator
Do you mean bikes i/we currently have or did? We've been through quite a few! I used to go through frames every 6mos. :banghead:

Either, but now would be good. Assume you're swapping for newer rather than busting them up ?!?!

chrisek

And completely swapped out on styles. Instead of various road, track, mtb, cross, and tt bikes it is now 4 bmx bikes for me (20", 24", 26", and 29") and an older full suspenion mtb. Also, instead of putting on 400-600 miles/week, it is more in the neighborhood of 10 miles per week (bikes and parts last significantly longer!).

My 26" is more for friends when they visit to cruise on

uploadfromtaptalk1346952403632.jpg

My 20" next to one of the wife's mtb's. Set up to race, though i can't seem to get time to ride it or saturdays off to race :(

uploadfromtaptalk1346952459345.jpg

The 29er is for me to cruise on (straight xc mtb position) and the 24" is also with the idea of hitting the track someday.

Fun stuff. What are you riding?

rutteger

Administrator
Dig that big wheel cruiser, nice. Quite a few miles you were banging in there, what level did you ride at?!?

Have a few bikes, both retro and modern. The one which sees the most miles is my newish road bike. This is more interesting though, the '93 Attitude.

P1010259.jpg

chrisek

I love the attitude! And great tension disc! I gave away my winter training bike recently (from the 90's) to a friend who wanted to try riding:

uploadfromtaptalk1346955842980.jpg

It was built up more for durability than weight as you can tell.
As far as levels, if you are familiar with US levels, cat 1 track, cat 2 road, elite xc, expert dh, "A" cross (please don't confuse this one with world ratings), and i got grandfathered into a bunch of mtb categories as they came out with various classes.
That Attitude came out just as i stopped racing mtb.

CTDesigns

Hi guys,

Before I started collecting G Shocks I was an avid collector of mechanical watches from Rolex to Orient and still have a fair few pieces so I was wondering if anyone else collected mechanical watches or collected something else?

Stu.
same for me, i started with mechanical watches, omega-rolex-panerai etc.

those pieces are great, but these gshocks do pack a ton of features with great style and even a better price

im hooked and always looking for the next piece :)

CTDesigns

how did bicycles get into this thread, i also love to ride when i find the time between work and personal stuff
4e209013.jpg

and
c14769c6.jpg

and
7d78eec0.jpg

CTDesigns

thanks, the torelli is my first custom build so far my favorite bike, i've logged over 2k miles in 1 year on that thing

the fixed gear is my beater bike, love riding this around the beach area etc.
Very easily ;)

Like the Torelli, not a brand I'd come across before. What's the fixed wheel?

Bubbly Tubs

I collect a few different things from model cars to star wars VCDs, but also it seems like a lot of you I'm into MTBs, off to Wales at the end of the month for a spot of adrenalin filled downhilling.

9c653291.jpg