Collections?

stevenbgs1100

I haven't really had collections since I was a kid but the G-Shocks are certainly getting that way now.
My other collection I guess is Blu-ray films. I love my Home Cinema system.

Used to be hugely into cycling but now as I am a runner I rarely get to cycle much. I am also into rowing and own a Waterrower machine which is a fine piece of kit especially for winter training and keeping fit.

Onto my most recent road bikes.

Oldest was going back about 3 years now. a Felt F4 which was so modified that only the frame was original and it was pretty light at 16.5lbs.
2009_12170006.JPG

Then I bought this beautiful BMC SLT01 which I had specced up to my liking. I found the bike very harsh to ride although it was very fast. Weighed in at around 15.9lbs
BMC1.jpg

Then in my pursuit for more comfort I bought myself a Specialized Tarmac SL3 'Saxo Bank' frameset and set about speccing it up with my own choice parts. Colour coded nokon cables, Gold bar tape, Gold titanium QR skewers etc SRAM Red gears etc. Seriously fast and seriously light machine at 13.91lbs!
2010_04250005.JPG

Then as the SL3 started to collect dust I decided to let it go, concentrate on running/rowing and just kept my trusty little Specialized Allez 16.
It's been modified though with a pair of Planet X model B wheels, Conti Attack/Force tyres, KMC ultralight stem, Omega carbon post, SRAM 8 speed lightweight cassette and a Toupe saddle so what started out as a bottom of the Allez range £500 22lb bike is now a nice comfy 18.9lb bike which is ideal for knocking around on and using on the turbo trainer!
2010_04250006.JPG

stevenbgs1100

Dig that big wheel cruiser, nice. Quite a few miles you were banging in there, what level did you ride at?!?

Have a few bikes, both retro and modern. The one which sees the most miles is my newish road bike. This is more interesting though, the '93 Attitude.

View attachment 4149

Loved that bike when it came out. I was well into MTB's in them days.
I had a Marin Eldridge Grade with Manitou 4 suspension forks which resulted in a 25lb MTB even back then.
The John Tioda disc wheel was seriously expensive too...that is some money there...so look after it!

rutteger

Administrator
@BT - Nice Enduro, looks very purposeful. Enjoy Wales, where are you heading too?

@stevenbgs1100 - Woah, fine collection of road bikes you had there. Especially like the BMC, very classy. Some top weight saving going on there too! Used to have an older S-Works compact road frame, fast but mega stiff!
The Klein gets used on occasion, not so often though I admit. It is quite fast (brutal!) but the Disc is flakey at best. Have the original box for it, RRP was a few Frogman worth!

Bubbly Tubs

Cheers mate, we is off to Coed-y-Brenin, and few other places that I can neither pronounce or spell. That is an old pic, spec has moved on a little since then.
Been out along the north downs today and had a blow out at 30 odd mile an hour.