Buying from Tictactime

stevenbgs1100

Guys,

I placed my 2nd order last night for a watch from Tictactime to be delivered to my home address where my card used to purchase the goods is registered to.
My first order I requested to be sent to my work address which is separate from my card's billing address.
Today they sent me a message asking me to verify my ID with either a Passport or a Commodity bill.
They've given me 3 days to respond or they will stop me ordering on their website.
I think this is outrageous.
The fact that that delivery address is the same as my billing address for this order.

Anyone else had a problem with this company?
I'll never use them again even if the outcome is resolved.
A really poor way to treat a repeat customer.

Stu65

Never dealt with the company but I think I would stick 2 fingers up to them, cancel the order and look elsewhere.

Stu.

k1ngunit

I've had company's call to confirm an order if my address isn't the same from my billing address to shipping address.

stevenbgs1100

I've had company's call to confirm an order if my address isn't the same from my billing address to shipping address.

Exactly....and that's fair enough and what I would expect.
I'm going to send them some ID today and then call them on Monday and tell them due to their delay I'm now going to need it delivering to my work address.
lol

rutteger

Administrator
Be interested to know their reasons. If it's mandated by the credit card company fair enough. If not then seems a little odd.

stevenbgs1100

I spoke to the customer services team yesterday. They are based in France but do speak excellent English.
Basically as I used my debit card on my original purchase and credit card for my latest purchase they just wanted to make sure I was genuine rather than someone using a card against my details.
So a quick scan in of my Drivers Licence to verify my address sorted it. They were ok about it although the delivery was delayed somewhat.
Nonetheless I'm getting my watch and at a very good price.

Just make if you use this online retailer you check your messages that they send you just incase you get a query from them like I did.

Maybe I was hasty in saying I'd never use them again.....