Helppppp on choosing a watch

boydozz

hey i need help by those of you who really know your g shock watches im a royal marine and need a watch that is going to withstand pretty much anything my price range goes up to £120 my girlfriend is looking to buy it as a gift so i pretty much need all ur best advice :) i would be looking a black one with pretty much most of the out door benifits on it ?? please help :) thank you

tough solar

Recommend: GW-M5600-1ER......Argos are doing a good deal on ebay just now!!!
hey i need help by those of you who really know your g shock watches im a royal marine and need a watch that is going to withstand pretty much anything my price range goes up to £120 my girlfriend is looking to buy it as a gift so i pretty much need all ur best advice thanks :)

rutteger

Administrator
The GW-M5600 is a good recommendation. All the normal G-Shock features, stopwatch, countdown, alarm plus it's solar and will sync it's time with an atomic clock in the UK and other parts of the world (waveceptor).

gw-m5600-1-1.jpg

Argos have it in the sale at the moment via their ebay outlet, check it here
. GBP£47 posted which is pretty good.

Couple of other suggestions might be the GW-6900.

419TxX5TorL__SL500_AA300_.jpg

Similar spec to the GW-M5600 but in a different slightly more chunky design. Here on amazon.

Alternately there is also the DW-6900. Similar design to the watch above but without the solar or waveceptor functions.

Reckon these three are a good start, solid well proven models. Plenty of other choice though.

You mention wanting 'most of the out door benifits'? If you're after things like a compass, altimeter and barometer you'd need to look at the Pro-Trek range.

boydozz

heyyy

thanks on your oppinion i looked at the pro teck range and really like this watch could i get oppinions and any recomondations about ? thanks :) Casio Men's Pro-Trek Solar Powered Triple Sensor Digital Watch PRG-240-1ER With Resin Strap
£116.24

rutteger

Administrator
Not so up on the Pro-Treks, hopefully someone else can chime in. They are also supposed to be good although perhaps not quite as rugged as the G-Shocks. One thing I would say is the altimeter is only good for indication and relative measurements and the thermometer is only of use if you take the watch off. For half an hour or so.