Cheaper than the Bay

terryjames

Surely there is something wrong when someone can register {join the forum} and then post for sale a whole list of watches.I`ve noticed this before but thought to myself "Funny". Don`t know of any other Forum where this would be allowed.Not even introduce yourself!
Would like to hear any comments on this from Members and Mods...........Terry

Stu65

Terry,
I did think it strange myself not to have some sort of criteria but I do not run the site and I go with the 'buy the seller' so if someone has just one post and it is purely to sell I would not buy from them as they have built no trust in me unless it was another member from other well known forums that I had contact with or had a trackable history as a reputable seller.

Stu.

terryjames

Ok Stu,Your point taken and i`m not advocating there should be X amount of posts before your able to use this part of the Forum but i would have thought a little participation would be nice before hand.I`m also surprised that after fifty odd views only yourself has anything to say on the matter........Terry

Bubbly Tubs

I don't have an issue with for sale threads with no prior posts, but do agree that a little back ground knowledge is preferable. I know I'd think twice before dealing with an unknown. I'm a stickler for pictures as well, normally ask for shots including that days newspaper in background, just to prove ownership.

Stu65

Terry, I totally agree with a bit of participation before trying to sell which is why Eddie applied the post ruling over on TZ as sales corner was just a free for all for traders that had no real interest in the forum or the watches just the £ sign as a free and easy eBay.
Yes it is surprising no one else has had any input but here is something else to dwell on.
I have noticed that the competitions that Rutteger has been good enough to organise see's a big influx of new members with their first and last post being to be entered into the competition which I feel is unfair on the regular members that frequent the forum on a daily or weekly basis as it brings everyones odds down of winning due to the one time posters.
In the past yes it has bugged me but I am not the boss and I do not make the rules so I have now decided not to enter any more comp's on the forum so that it does not bother me.
Just my pennies worth.

Stu.