Best way to send to the US

Deaks

I have had a bit of interest in my Triple Crown Gulfman from a dude in the states and now i have my awesome GD110 i may consider moving it on.

I am quite happy sending stuff in the Uk but how do you guys send it abroad ?

Obviously I want to cover myself by using some kind of tracked post and a secure payment method ( i usually use paypal ).

I would be gratefull for any advice or known scams.

Many thanks

stevenbgs1100

Just done this myself.
You need to fill out a small CN22 consignment form (goods less than £270 in value) or cn23 form (if over £270 value) which you can download from the royal mail website.
Put this form onto the front of the package along with your address details as the Sender (top left corner) in case it needs to be returned to you and finally the usual delivery address stating the country name on the bottom line of the address.
Make sure you print out the applicable form on white paper, your address on white paper and the delivery address on white paper (unless your envelope/box is white)
I did this, took mine into the Post Office and paid just over £10 odd for a Tracked delivery service that takes approx 5 days and covers you up to £50 compensation. There are other delivery standards available.
Worth doing if the US recipient is paying you well for the watch.

Hope this helps.
Steve

Deaks

Thanks for getting back to me buddy,
I had a good look through and although there is tracking there is no signature upon delivery.
I was hoping for a kind of special delivery type service to confirm it has been received by the right person.
I may have a look at DHL , Fedex or similar ...

( but many thanks for taking the time with the lengthy reply :) )

stevenbgs1100

Easy. Royal Mail online do an option called Airsure that is signed for on receipt for the same money. I decided not to choose this option as I wanted to check I'd done everything right with the packing by taking my parcel into the PO. They will be way cheaper than DHL, FedEx, UPS etc.

Shocker

Both of my purchases from the UK to the US have come via Airsure. No problems. Sometimes tracking isn't updated, so it's a pleasant surprise when the package does arrive.