First non-G

chrisek

A long story short: after my wife announced her x-mas present she wanted (cool Liquigas Cannondale) and me having to send my brakes to mainland USA for refurbishing and upgrading, my November for G-Shocks was doomed from early days.
I had allowed myself to pick up a Haze GA110, and went looking for one today. Walked in to my local Macy's (best GShock store on island as far as i know) and what do they have? Nope, they're expecting the Haze in November, "but that is the expected time frame for the mainland stores. We'll get ours a couple of weeks later."
While looking through the display case what do i see?

uploadfromtaptalk1353023901369.jpg

Not one, but TWO! Other one was in the next case over. Crap. I've kept that door (non-g watch) firmly shut to help my OCD out (nope, not a g, not getting it). Then she coo'd "our sale starts Sunday, i can pre-sale it for you and get you the 25% off if you'd like, but you can't pick it up until Sunday". Crap. Smart Access for less than a new Aviator? Red Bull? Too much! Too much to resist i tell you! How was i supposed to resist? $337 after tax. Bought and paid.
Did i mention it's my first screwback? Haze has to wait for December. Merry Christmas to me. . . . :beer:

rutteger

Administrator
That looks great, looks real chunky. Look forward to seeing proper pics around the 25th of next month :p

Is it your first Smart Access?

chrisek

I actually pick it up Sunday (two days from now). The Haze will be next month.
2nd smart access, first was RAF.

chrisek

Thanks Bubbly! That's exactly why i "broke out" of my G-Shock only collection so far. Still unsure of how i'll be with a "delicate" dress watch. The good news is that i can't wear it that often due to rotation (past 40 watches).