Riseman radio not regularly updating

hemdale

Hi guys,

Recently purchased a Riseman, I've noticed that the radio update was done regularly everyday.

About a week ago, I've noticed that the clock radio update was NOT done daily but radomly and maybe every two weeks... :(
I'm c-double checked to see if the settings were ok and I still have the auto update setting activated.

Basically, I haven't changed anything since the beginning and I'm wondering what could have gone wrong.
Will I hvae now to update the clock manually ....since it's not working automatically ?

Thanks for you input.

rutteger

Administrator
Basically this seems pretty normal. The watch will be accurate enough (for me at least ;))without regular atomic sync. The UK transmitter is quite a long way from you, think it's in Cumbria, further the signal will be affected by atmospheric conditions. My atomic Gs don't sync every night, especially if I keep them in a drawer. As Casio suggest try putting the watch on it's side on a window ledge facing the transmitter (i.e. north) and see if that improves things.

Bubbly Tubs

Must admit I don't check my atomic models that often for sync, but when I do they are all exactly the same. Cannot confirm if they sync daily though

Scary Hair

My 3500 GET is 01.02 am is like clock work :rolleyes: no pun intended honest. IF the atmospherics are REARLY bad then it will miss but only done this once since 01 .12 .2012 .

My husband's Wave ceptor Wv-200U-1AVEF is 7is feet away and I have to put his in the window and do a manual update with his. OR leave it in the window overnight.

Try different rooms that MAY impact on the signal :D

hemdale

Hi guys,

Thanks for this helpful input. I really thought the watch was "trying" every day to adjust the clock and it showed when the attempt was successfull or unsucessful...

rutteger

Administrator
Hi guys,

Thanks for this helpful input. I really thought the watch was "trying" every day to adjust the clock and it showed when the attempt was successfull or unsucessful...

If set up correctly it should try every day, yes. Press button E (bottom right) to check when it last sync'd.