Advice

keeganyeo

Hi let me introduce myself my name is keegan.... and I started collecting G Shock at Augest 2012 even though its a little hard because I live in Canada we don't get the stuff as fast as you guy from the states.

My Collection:

But during March I will be going on a 2 month Vacation for Malaysia,Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam, and Tyoko :D

I don't know if I should stop and save up my money and go shopping for some g shocks in Asia or Buy or 2 rare G shock on Ebay.....( The Casio G-Shock Man Box Hyper Colors GA-110F-2ER and HC Orange)

What do you guys think? And if I were to go to Asia to hunt down some G shock where are good places to find in those country :D

Thanks
Keegan

Attachments

• DSC_0032.jpg
    DSC_0032.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 376

ad33lak

Thank you..... but right now my collection is nothing compare to your :p I'm still have a long way to go

I loved the GA110's but never managed to source the two Evangelions, they were always too expensive, especially the white. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pick your two up for? Nonetheless, solid start. Look forward to seeing your new pick-ups.

keeganyeo

I bought both for around$2000......yeah I cost a lot for 2 G Shocks but personally I'm a very big fan of the Ga-110 and to grow my collection I want to spend on the more expensive item first. And yes the white one is alot more expensive the purple, those 2 Evangelion would probably be my most prize G-shock collection XD...and next up is either both the DNR or hyper colours or Rush. All are GA-110 which would probably be most module follow by the 69000.

Bubbly Tubs

That is a lot of dollar.
You got a nice collection.
Keep us posted with your trip and where to buy Gs out there, sorry I can't offer up any info for where to try.

rutteger

Administrator
Great collection and congrats on picking up the Evangelions - it's only money :p

Having visited a few of those places I'd suggest bagging the models you want now. Visited Japan a few times and never managed to find anywhere selling anything especially out of the ordinary - normally at full Yen retail too. List of G-Shock stores in Japan here also suggest hitting Akihabra.

Boomslice

Great collection.
As per the advice, I really don't find that buying abroad is as efficient as buying online, unless you can find recently released models that haven't been marked up. Of course this coming from a US buyer, but if you can find something you like and have it shipped to you, it guarantees you have it. Personally, I found that hunting a particular G down in a shop while traveling in Japan was difficult.
So, I say buy what you can now, and have fun on your awesome tour of Asia!

rutteger

Administrator
@Boomslice - did you manage to pick anything interesting up in the Far East? How did you find Japan?