Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: SOTC No1

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Vale of Glamorgan, South Wales, UK
    Posts
    50

    SOTC No1

    OK, nearly filled my two boxes so i thought i'd stick them up:


    The Antman next to the Mudman to demonstrate it's not THAT big!


    Funny, it was rotated round when i posted it!


    The 'MC' which is one of my favourites!

  2. Advertisement Register to remove this advert
     
  3. #2
    Really solid collection there Spencer. Which is your fave? Liking the Antmns (or Antmen) and Jason.

    Looks like it got a relatively mixed response on TZ

    What (if anything) next?

  4. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Vale of Glamorgan, South Wales, UK
    Posts
    50
    Can't say about favourites matey, they all bring something to the party. The Jason is cool i must say but the DW-003 is quite cool. The Antmen are just something else, retro in a kind of 'Blakes 7' type way. The Gulfmen are a lovely watch to wear and the 5600 is nice and subtle for a solar/atomic watch.

    TZ are a fickle bunch, i must admit i'm newly converted to G-Shocks but, whatever happens, i'll be keeping most of them. I'm not saying anyone is wrong but i do think that some do not recognise G-Shocks for what they are, a bit a snobbery perhaps?

    What next? I have a 5500MC on the way from the US and i'm very interested in the camoflage versions on e-Bay you posted a link for and i do look for the occasional bargain on e-Bay but i'm putting money away for our holiday now so no 'Major' purchases until at least September.

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Lee View Post
    Can't say about favourites matey, they all bring something to the party. The Jason is cool i must say but the DW-003 is quite cool. The Antmen are just something else, retro in a kind of 'Blakes 7' type way. The Gulfmen are a lovely watch to wear and the 5600 is nice and subtle for a solar/atomic watch.
    If you're anything like me your favourite will change regularly, although I always seem to have one or two which get regular wear.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Lee View Post
    TZ are a fickle bunch, i must admit i'm newly converted to G-Shocks but, whatever happens, i'll be keeping most of them. I'm not saying anyone is wrong but i do think that some do not recognise G-Shocks for what they are, a bit a snobbery perhaps?
    TZ are generally a good bunch. Some of it is banter but I guess there might be a little snobbery from some. It's easy and wrong to dismiss the G-Shock as 'just a cheap digital'.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Lee View Post
    What next? I have a 5500MC on the way from the US and i'm very interested in the camoflage versions on e-Bay you posted a link for and i do look for the occasional bargain on e-Bay but i'm putting money away for our holiday now so no 'Major' purchases until at least September.
    The dytac models do look cool. Which 5500MC are you picking up?

  6. #5
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Vale of Glamorgan, South Wales, UK
    Posts
    50
    It's the 5500MC-5JF, looks good as well. The Dytac models, have you handled any? Just wondering if the finish is robust as i don't know anything about the 'water transfer' method of which they speak?

  7. #6
    DW-5500MC-5 you say? Nice choice, although shame I didn't spot your Zombie Slayer swap thread sooner.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15062011234.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	297

    All I've seen of the Dytac (or Dyatec?) is the listings on ebay. It does look good in the pics but I'd also be interested to know just how durable it'd be. On the newer Casio camo bands and bezels the two colours look to be part of the resin, i.e. the resin has two colours. On my older Python / Addict the camo is printed onto a regular green band / bezel - this has worn off in places.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •