SOTC No1

Spencer Lee

OK, nearly filled my two boxes so i thought i'd stick them up:

P1020837.jpg

The Antman next to the Mudman to demonstrate it's not THAT big!

P1020844.jpg

Funny, it was rotated round when i posted it!

P1020845.jpg

The 'MC' which is one of my favourites!

rutteger

Administrator
Really solid collection there Spencer. Which is your fave? Liking the Antmns (or Antmen) and Jason.

Looks like it got a relatively mixed response on TZ ;)

What (if anything) next?

Spencer Lee

Can't say about favourites matey, they all bring something to the party. The Jason is cool i must say but the DW-003 is quite cool. The Antmen are just something else, retro in a kind of 'Blakes 7' type way. The Gulfmen are a lovely watch to wear and the 5600 is nice and subtle for a solar/atomic watch.

TZ are a fickle bunch, i must admit i'm newly converted to G-Shocks but, whatever happens, i'll be keeping most of them. I'm not saying anyone is wrong but i do think that some do not recognise G-Shocks for what they are, a bit a snobbery perhaps?

What next? I have a 5500MC on the way from the US and i'm very interested in the camoflage versions on e-Bay you posted a link for and i do look for the occasional bargain on e-Bay but i'm putting money away for our holiday now so no 'Major' purchases until at least September.

rutteger

Administrator
Can't say about favourites matey, they all bring something to the party. The Jason is cool i must say but the DW-003 is quite cool. The Antmen are just something else, retro in a kind of 'Blakes 7' type way. The Gulfmen are a lovely watch to wear and the 5600 is nice and subtle for a solar/atomic watch.

If you're anything like me your favourite will change regularly, although I always seem to have one or two which get regular wear.

TZ are a fickle bunch, i must admit i'm newly converted to G-Shocks but, whatever happens, i'll be keeping most of them. I'm not saying anyone is wrong but i do think that some do not recognise G-Shocks for what they are, a bit a snobbery perhaps?

TZ are generally a good bunch. Some of it is banter but I guess there might be a little snobbery from some. It's easy and wrong to dismiss the G-Shock as 'just a cheap digital'.

What next? I have a 5500MC on the way from the US and i'm very interested in the camoflage versions on e-Bay you posted a link for and i do look for the occasional bargain on e-Bay but i'm putting money away for our holiday now so no 'Major' purchases until at least September.

The dytac models do look cool. Which 5500MC are you picking up?

Spencer Lee

It's the 5500MC-5JF, looks good as well. The Dytac models, have you handled any? Just wondering if the finish is robust as i don't know anything about the 'water transfer' method of which they speak?

rutteger

Administrator
DW-5500MC-5 you say? Nice choice, although shame I didn't spot your Zombie Slayer swap thread sooner.

15062011234.jpg

All I've seen of the Dytac (or Dyatec?) is the listings on ebay. It does look good in the pics but I'd also be interested to know just how durable it'd be. On the newer Casio camo bands and bezels the two colours look to be part of the resin, i.e. the resin has two colours. On my older Python / Addict the camo is printed onto a regular green band / bezel - this has worn off in places.