G-Shock 30th Anniversary Resist Black Series coming April 2013

dynosaur

If Casio does 5 waves again, they still have not done a single one with all Master of G for the 30th. Yet.

The thing about this black series, if I end up turning into a "collector" (appreciating watches without wearing them) I will wish I had picked these up. Ugh. 10,000 pieces. I have time to figure this out :)

T1030 is one of the master of Gs rite?

chrisek

Correct dynosaur. At this time: frogman, mud man, riseman , and gulf man.

The rising reds featured 2 different frogs and skipped both the rise man and the gulf man.

melfiz

Most likely will wait this series to launch in asia, as for the one with multiband 6 is useless in my country and need not that function either,there no need to excited about this will be sold out fast in japan too.
Observe how the market goes and any price disc from retail price first,unless for the frogman bape limited series which launch this mth in jap, cos will grab out fast in the market as estimated imho..

chrisek

EBay/amazon/seiya/rakuten/chino. Search for one at any "shopping" or auction site. If you find one it is a pre-order. If you like the way a merchant treats you, they will make your life easier on future pre-orders. :thumbup:

Gary7

On the one hand, I can understand releasing a remake of the DW-5000 with an echo of the same functionality originally provided. You feel a little like you're buying the first version again. However, CASIO has introduced some minor improvements. The most obvious is that an EL backlight is provided, instead of a bulb. The alarm indicator is changed and re-positioned. Also, the LCD background is different, which gives it a more distinctive contrast. The 1545 module is probably a little more rugged than the original 240 module.

So, since CASIO introduced some functional changes why not incorporate a few more that would improve on the original without detracting from the design? I could see the adding of 5 alarms, instead of just one. Also, instead of capping the STW at 24 hours, why not make it 24 days? And last but not least, increase the decibel level of the alarm. It could really use some boosting.

fwupow

Resist Black and Anniversary tradition

Just to add this Series is limited to 10500 pieces.

Do you mean 10,500 pcs of each model or for all 3 put together? The 25th Anniversary DW-5025SP was limited to just 2008 pcs (the year of sale).

If you look at the 20th Anniversary and 25th Anniversary collections that CASIO put out, they included just one piece that had "Project Team "Tough"" in the lower left corner. Those were of course reproductions of the DW-5000 - the DW-5000SP (20th) and DW-5025SP (25th). So what we have here in the DW-5030C is THE 30th Anniversary G-Shock - the most special and true to the heritage of the original DW-5000C which is the only model actually celebrating 30 years of life.

This DW-5030 is boring by today's standards but it's gonna be another 10 years before you can get a "Project Team "Tough"" reproduction of the DW-5000 and if this piece is limited to just 2013 pcs, it's probably the only real collectible that will appreciate in value.

Seems like I read somewhere that it uses a new module. If that's true, it's probably because the 1545/3229 wouldn't fit in the round GW-5000 screwback case without changing the module housing. I suspect that the cpu and LCD panel are the same as the 3229 though, so not functionally different.

I've pre-ordered mine.

chrisek

All good points. Some are speculating that the 5530 will end up the collectible simply because Casio won't expect to sell many of them so won't produce many either. Will it even be for sale internationally? I know it's not slated for the US market but the other two are.

Psweeting

All good points. Some are speculating that the 5530 will end up the collectible simply because Casio won't expect to sell many of them so won't produce many either. Will it even be for sale internationally? I know it's not slated for the US market but the other two are.

According to a post on WUS it will only be available in Japan. I don't think 5500's sell well anywhere else.