g-1000 Help

terryjames

Good Morning,Wondered if any of you experts can help me out.I have this g1000 module 5034 which i love but not worn for a very long time so it`s just been sitting in my display box.Anyway it stopped on the 8-4-13 and obviously i thought the battery had died.Did a battery change myself but failed miserably so took it to a local jewellers who told me it would have to go to Casio.I have had in the past sent one to them {not a g-1000 } and it took ages and i think i got ripped off so don`t want to go down that road again.Sorry about the long waffle but there you have it.If any of you could help me out an answer or a PM would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance................Terry
BTW did all the usual with ac restart,this is the watch.

upload foto

terryjames

Thanks Mate,Had already planned that for the week-end when i have more time.The post was just to see if anyone had the same experience....Terry

terryjames

Ok,So here`s an update.Ive got two of these and after my third battery they are both now ticking away.Now comes my second problem.For the life of me i can`t seem to get the set up right.In fact they got me that frustrated this afternoon they nearly went out the window.I`ve got the module manual up on the computer but still driving me insane.Why can`t they all be as easy as the 5081 on my ga100. Well i`m not a defeatist but i have give give up for now.Both running with the correct time showing,wrong dates and world time anywhere.No doubt i`ll have another go when time allows.......Terry