G-Shock Rangeman - New Master of G Triple Sensor?

rutteger

Administrator
News just in via forum member Deaks and the Casio UK facebook page of an all new Master of G spotted at Baselworld 2013.

image.jpg

NO details other than the image really. Looks like an all new Master of G with triplr sensor technology - this would be the first true ABC G-Shock. If this model ever sees series production the G-Shock Rangeman is sure to be popular!

News via G-Shock UK Facebook.

chrisek

Very interesting, looks like it is a straight port of the new prw3000 module, complete with multiband 6. Can't tell if this is merely a "mockup" or seriously pre-production. I'm in for a go if real.

chrisek

I stand corrected. The new module needs no external sensors. I wonder if casio is using the "older" current module and will separate protreks from gshocks that way :what:

rutteger

Administrator
I stand corrected. The new module needs no external sensors. I wonder if casio is using the "older" current module and will separate protreks from gshocks that way :what:

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out for sure. Always thought Casio had perhaps held back on a full ABC G-Shock in order not to tread on the toes of their own Pro Trek line. Maybe the chunkier module with outboard sensor is a way of differentiation, maybe it's because it's more rugged than a Pro Trek module. I'm interested to wait and see :D

stevenbgs1100

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out for sure. Always thought Casio had perhaps held back on a full ABC G-Shock in order not to tread on the toes of their own Pro Trek line. Maybe the chunkier module with outboard sensor is a way of differentiation, maybe it's because it's more rugged than a Pro Trek module. I'm interested to wait and see :D

It does look tidy. What has put me off sensor watches is their accuracy. They don't provide accurate readings from an on the wrist measurement. Taking the watch off and waiting to get a reading isn't a preferred method for most. If your travelling light then it will do it's job to a certain extent.
Then again I'm looking at it as I do all my watches, from an aesthetic point of view.

fwupow

That one looks old and well-worn. Appears that some of the letters are worn off. Maybe a prototype that's been around for a while? No Tough Solar? Oh wait, I guess they just didn't include the "Tough Solar" label. Luv the big metal buttons but the overall design doesn't particularly appeal. The fake slotted screws I can do without.

chrisek

It is on Casio Germany's page at the moment. Timing has been all over the map, from next week in Germany to Oct/Nov. Kind of unsure.

US release says November from Casio USA.

Any other members have any info?