New guy looking for advice

bill111444

I decided to buy a G-Shock watch, they have a fine reputation and WOW so many to choose from. I'd like to go around 100 dollars, it will be my do-all go everywhere watch. I joined your forum to read your postings and get a better understanding to make an informed choice and to participate in this fine forum. One thing I've noticed with all the pictures of your collections is that 95% of your watches are LCD and very few or no analog watches. Do you feel the analogs are inferior? This forum has a wealth of knowledge and I respect your opinions. I was leaning towards an analog/digital or full analog watch. I would like to hear what you have to say before I make a choice. In another post I'll show you which watches I pick to choose from. Thank you for your "time". :)

rutteger

Administrator
Hi,

welcome to g-shockzone :D

There is certainly a LOT of choice when it comes to g-shock. Suggest if you can try and find somewhere with a good range and try a few on. See what you like and don't like when it comes to display, color, size, fit etc etc.

Tradtionally G-Shock were digital watches. Analog came later in the production run. Neither is 'better' than the other, just comes down to personal preference. If you're leaning towards ani-digi then go for it.

A couple of quick suggestions...

GW-6900. Refresh of the classic 6900 style with solar atomic and multiband atomic time keeping

41SklKvZX9L._SY300_.jpg

USD$77 from amazon > http://www.amazon.com/Casio-GW6900-...id=1367488272&sr=8-1&keywords=g-shock+gw-6900

GA-100. Crisp ani-digi watch. Big, chunky and tough :)

51wvrgSuXkL.jpg

USD$97 > http://www.amazon.com/Combination-M...qid=1367488539&sr=8-2&keywords=g-shock+ga-100

bill111444

Rutteger, thank you for your reply, I feel better about getting a digital/analog watch. That GA100 looks mean!!

bill111444

I thank you all for your suggestions, I zeroed out an AWGM100-1A, it's a new release, that's analog/digital, solar and atomic and it's 20 BAR. To me that says it's a "do-all go everywhere" watch. They are asking 95.00 and I found it in a jewelry store up the street from where I live. I hope you feel I made a good choice. Thanks for all the posts. :)