How long have you owned and collected G-Shock and Casio for?

mcnie13

I had my First Casio G-Shock back 2011 as a birthday gift to me by my wife as Im looking for a more sporty looking watch she gave me a GA110-1AER for my everyday use watch. Then we went to a holiday vacation in Singapore in 2012 and I saw an all white looking watch and bought myself a GA120A-7AJF. Then I started slowly getting to know more about funtionality, well crafted design for people who is always on the go and its versatility. Starting February 2013 my watch grew from 2 to 12 watches focusing mainly on Limited Editions and 30th Anniversary series.:encouragement:

Arcy

Bought my first G nearly 20 years ago which was a DW-6700, it's looking a bit battered now but still going strong. I was looking for a replacement for it last year and ended up buying a GW-9200 Riseman which was on sale at a local jewelers for £90 (reduced from £189).
I now have 9 G's.

theWrist

November 2012. A friend of mine asked me if I can look for a certain model for him here as he has trouble finding them back home. I think it was the GA-110FC.. I've always loved watches since I was a kid, influenced by my father. Although, I've always been a steel watch guy before, now, I already have 11 Gs, and 3 are incoming..

Starting to be a "just-look-at-them-and-smile" kind of a collector now, sometimes I don't want to wear one to preserve them. lol!

I badly need a daily beater! probably the all black GX-56 would do.

Matt_C

Bought my first Casio (a 'databank') at the age of 11.

Bought my first G-Shock (a DW6600) in 1995. Lost it two years later in a building-fire. Replaced it with another DW6600 (but with the horrible 'backlit G).

Bought a second-hand DW6900 which I had for a year, ended up giving it away to a friend whilst abroad...

Since then I've bought a G9100, G540D and G7100D, all tried over time, but I keep finding myself going back to the 6600...!

I've got a new purchase on the way (a 'square'!) but already I suspect it will end up relegated once my 6600 is 'freshened up'.

rickyc2105

I just started half a year ago... right now I have around 20+ gshocks but mostly at GA110...
don't know why but GA110 appeals to me more...

Arcy

I bought my first G-shock back in 1993 a DW6700 and that was my only one for about 19 years. I've only just started collecting and now have 13.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

WatchVeteran

The first gshock I ever noticed was the dw6900nb-7 eminem wore in his video I need a doctor. Seems like just a few years ago and now I'm "WATCHVETERAN" I've made over fifty unique custom g- shocks that no one else has. I've owned over 150 (mostly repeats since I also sell them) if anyone wants to check out my custom camoflage and animal print g-shocks on YouTube just search WatchVeteran gshocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mfy2211

I just started 1 year ago. UK based. got my watch mostly from UK ebay. n just purchase a carbon fibre range man.totally happy with it :cool:

Rftw1one666

Bought my first G possibly around 96-97. And have no idea what I did with it. My guess is that I traded it away for something really nice!
Second piece was picked up in 98 I believe! My good ole men in smoke Raysman! Been the crown jewel of my wrist for manny manny years!
Then, I'm thinking late 2012 early 2013, I picked up a simple chalk white 6900, solar, multi band 6.....and it was all downhill from there! And if it couldn't get any worse......the G-Shock SOHO store opened it's doors, where my first pick up was the 30th anniversary red frog! (Not the Ti)
Now, I'm at about 105-110 pieces and loving every minute of this crazy ride! I don't see it as an addiction, I see it as my passion! And I hope to one day go to japan and meet the father of G-Shock himself.......Mr. Ibe! That would be a dream come true!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk