Gw5000

ryuval74

Hi,
I'm new to GSHOCK and just enrolled to this website.
After searching the web, I'm considering buying the gw5000 (made in Japan). Can someone mention to me why its much more expensive comaring to the gw5600? Is it worth the extra dollars?
tx,
Yuval.

rutteger

Administrator
Seen this question crop up quite a few times on various forums, will do my best to answer (bearing in mind I own a GW-M5600 only ;) )

The main advantages of the GW-5000 are

* DLC coating to case
* Screwback
* Multiband6 (if you live in or visit China!)
* Supposedly better resin used on band and bezel
* Made in Japan

Of course in real life the main difference between the GW-5000 and GW-M5600 is price, the GW-5000 can be had for around US$400 from Japan where as the GW-M5600 can be had for more like USD$90 wherever you live in the world.

Back to the original question. For me it isn't worth the extra, but this is given I alrady have a GW-M5600 and three DW-5x00 series screwbacks. If I was buying without any of these I'd be tempted, it certainly carries the kudos of being one of the top end G-Shocks.

Let us know what you decide :D

ryuval74

THANKS FOR YOUR QUICK RESPOND.
BTW, as first gshock, what do you recommend: GW5000 or the new GW9300 Black and Gold?
I have red some good reviews on this new model as well. Is it made of Japan as well?
From quality and top end perspectives, which one is more recommended?

rutteger

Administrator
THANKS FOR YOUR QUICK RESPOND.
BTW, as first gshock, what do you recommend: GW5000 or the new GW9300 Black and Gold?
I have red some good reviews on this new model as well. Is it made of Japan as well?
From quality and top end perspectives, which one is more recommended?

They are both very different so direct comparison is different. The GW-5000 is the current ultimate evolution of the original DW-5000 G-Shock where as the GW-9300 is the latest high tech Master of G featuring compass, temperature and a carbon strap. Both are Japan made (afaik), both are top end. The choice is yours I'd say ;)

rutteger

Administrator
I've not looked into the pricing to see if there is much of a difference. I doubt it.

The only physical difference will be the negative display. This is a matter of personal preference, I find them fine to read. However there is no doubt the normal positive display is easier to read.