Buying my first G Shock - Suggestions Please

anthony.kim

Hi GShockZone members

This is my first and definitely not last post in our forum
I am going to buy my first G Shock and wanted your suggestions please
What I am looking for is something that is possibly not 100% battery powered (solar, etc) with the best timer, stop watch, counter, etc capabilities - nothing else than these are required
Would you know what would be the best for these two capabilities/functions?
Thanks a lot GShockzone members!

AK

Arcy

Hi and welcome,
I think it will be down to your personal choice because there are a lot of different styles to choose from. I personaly like the GW-7900's and the GX-56's amongst others. What ever you decide on I'm sure you will be very pleased with your purchase.

chavo60

Welcome Anthony,

Solar is probably the most selective of your requirements. Timer, stop watch, and counters are pretty standard in most models. Try doing research on what you want in terms of size, color, and other additional functions.

Colors: Military series (darker shades of blue and black), hyper colors (colorful)
Size: There are different modules with different sizes. 5600 are smaller in size and Frogmans and Mudmans are larger. There's also the GX56 referenced by Arcy which is known as the king... perhaps because of its humongous size lol
Additional Functions: Thermometer, Altimeter, barometer, compass.... those are some other functions you will only find in certain modules.

Good luck and please let us know what you decide....

chrisek

The gd200 and gd110 (same module) actually have a full tilt featured stopwatch functions. While not solar powered, you would not have any issues in winter either. Let me dig up specs for yoh.

Shocker

I would recommend a GW-9200 Riseman. Has all your specs, current time displayed in all modes, plus altimeter & barometer. Oh, I forgot to mention it's solar powered and radio controlled for accuracy. They come in a variety of colors, as seen here:

uploadfromtaptalk1371739301571.jpg

(The green and the gold models on the right are Frogman watches)