Recommend me a G-Shock

dismas

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy my first G-Shock. I really like the classic look of the GW-5600. However I would like a thermometer. Is there anything that's basically a GW-5600 with a thermometer? Also I have really thin wrists. Thanks!

rutteger

Administrator
The G-Shock GW-M5600 is a pretty good starting point. Classic looks and it's relatively slim with the newer case design

attachment.php

I can't think of a square 5600 styled G with a thermometer. Most of the thermometer Gs tend to be pretty chunky to be honest. About the 'smallest' I can think of is the older G-Shock DW-6100 which isn't really that small.

DW-6100GJ-5C-gshock-photo.jpg

If you do need thermometer functionality I'd go look at the G-Shock GW-9200 Riseman

GW-9200.jpg

The Riseman also has a barmoter which I find quite useful and which more importantly works in wear. The thermometer function of any of these watches doesn't actually work on the wrist due to body heat, in order to take an accurate reading casio recommend you take it off for 30 mins.

Marlinaholic

The Riseman would be the way to go, I had one and it was pretty darn accurate once you set it to compensate for your body heat.

rutteger

Administrator
The Riseman would be the way to go, I had one and it was pretty darn accurate once you set it to compensate for your body heat.

interesting idea, not thought to do that. Do you find it accurate regardless of clothing, external temperature etc.