globe - United by Fate + 5600's in general

rumpleforeskin

no sense giving the other big forum good content, when nothing else is giving back from them except being slapped on the wrist......this forum can use it, and good content will bring people here.

i will hold off saying superlatives about g shocks and other colorful praise worthy adjective that many aficionados use.

i will say that i was always against the 5600 g-shocks. to me, most of these will still be a nerd watch. indiscernible from a cheap $20 watch that looks similar, to $50 base model and even the $300 bells and whistles watch. the last two price groups include people in these forums. when watch people themselves can barely tell the difference..something is wrong..but that's another discussion.

i don't know how i can accross this watch, but my niche in the g-shock world consists of non shiny bezels and bracelets...i am also going to hard pressed to have a colored bezel as well......matte black bezel is a must for me right now..i guess in the right circumstance i will wear a colored matte strap,..but that situation hasn't presented itself yet..

i don't know if i was on g-people or ebay just messing around, but i came across the 5600 globe united by fate watch. it had some things that made me give it a second look. the unusual looking blood red display w/ an orange/yellow color hue time font worked for me. it worked from a rugged military type inspired infra red piece perspective among other things.

my concerns were.having the watch say Globe and United by fate plastered all over it. that would turn me off. as it turns out, you can barely see that, and when you do see it, it's almost in situations outside where there's an abundance of sunlight........yes...........

This brought me to my next pet peeve. this watch strap has globe & united by fate on the upper half of the strap...and i hated seeing that, but as it turns out, nobody can see this when the watch is on......i said to myself,....."yes #2"

so as of now, i love this purchase, and really don't have to change anything about it. ie'..buying a different/strap/bezel to make the look i wanted. i thought that i would have to change the strap and put on adapters because the rubber doesn't usually work for me, but the 5600 is so light and the case is relatively thin it works well, making this watch smaller that almost every other g-shock.

i can see why some people collect these 5600 only. it's prolly the most comfortable, and with a little ingenuity, you can escape the nerd aspect of it...wearing a watch and not even knowing it's there has it's benefits.

pics to come soon..as well as my hunt for other 5600 variants that get me going..lol

rumpleforeskin

100_0861.jpg

LUW

I think it looks REALLY good
thumbs-up.gif
. But what about legibility? So far I haven't seen a negative display that is always easy to read, regardless of light situation. However, I have to admit they look darn cool!

And you will soon understand why the 5600 was such a success: not counting the obvious overall toughness, those things are absurdly comfortable on the wrist. This may be your first, but it won't be your last square
icon_wink.gif

rumpleforeskin

I think it looks REALLY good
thumbs-up.gif
. But what about legibility? Not so Good. But you actually don't think it's that bad because you don't see displays like this and coolness prevails. it's like an unreadable night vision red display...lol....So far I haven't seen a negative display that is always easy to read, regardless of light situation. However, I have to admit they look darn cool!

chrisek

Very cool watch I one I've long thought about. Congrats on the cool purchase! As you hinted at earlier, one of the things I love about the squares is with simple resin you can really change these around to suit anything you want. Wear it in good health :beer: