Mudman Carbon fiber strap

I-G

Hay,

Just looking at the strap on my mudman (love the sea and the earth) GW 9300k 3jr, and it says on the strap that its carbon fiber. But it looks like plain resin unlike all the other GW models (with the exception of the 30th anniversary) where you can clearly see the carbon fiber.

So just wondering if anyone else had noticed this. You can see it in most photos online.:confused:

chrisek

Yes, all the atomic 9300 mudmen have the carbon strap. It is one of the few G-Shocks where you get something besides atomic function for the $100

chrisek

If you look right above "Clement Wong" it says carbon fiber

uploadfromtaptalk1378544409512.jpg

On the mudmen it is usually just visible on the inside of the strap. I think?? :what:

chrisek

Got it. So this is what you are questioning. Instead of clear/transparent resin over the carbon fiber like other GW's I think this one is colored so you cannot see it.

LUW

Isn't it suppose to be a "carbon fiber insert"? I understood that a pure CF strap wouldn't be much comfortable to wear, or at least, a lot less comfortable then a resin strap.

I-G

Got it. So this is what you are questioning. Instead of clear/transparent resin over the carbon fiber like other GW's I think this one is colored so you cannot see it.

You got it here my friend. This is what I was originally saying that no carbon insert is apparent. And it doesn’t feel like there is one. As it’s actually more flexible than some of my resin straps. But the main thing is that it does just look like two bits of resin put together in the usual fashion.

And don’t really see why Casio wouldn’t want to flaunt such a feature as in the other atomic mudman models.

Well anyway, as a consumer its always good to question.

Shocker

If you look on the inside of the strap, it says PU/CF20 .. Polyurethane with a 20% blend of carbon insert. It is more apparent on the models with black straps. All GW-93xx have this same blend. Hope this helps. Cheers

I-G

Wow, that really does clear things up. Thank you so much. Although mine says PUR rather than PU, but presume that’s the same thing.

The thing I don’t really get about the mudman design is that the resin that covers the back of the watch isn’t 100% flush with the stainless steel plate and you can see water obviously gets in there so I would have thought mud would also get trapped.

TZA

here are two pics that show the PUR CF20. one is my GY strap (visible) the other is 9330A (non visible). but both are CF.

B53952CE-579E-4032-ABF6-760DA702DB3D-29723-000012551B076B8E_zpsb6032d8c.jpg

7BAACA57-75A1-462E-98E3-B63416623118-29723-000012553316B1AD_zps97edb35b.jpg

sorry for the bad pics. it's just what I had on hand.