MTG-S1000's

chrisek

3 versions of a new MTG series coming out shortly. Again, thanks to Starscream over on WUS for finding this on Clement Wong

uploadfromtaptalk1378850108596.jpg

With the silver one coming out in Japan Market on October, the black one in November. There is also a 30th anniv version

uploadfromtaptalk1378850130359.jpg

Due in Japan Market in December.

One "new tech" on this watch not seen in G's before is 27 months on a charge. When you figure that is powering 5 motors, it is impressive! I wonder how that will trickle down to Aviators then "normal" G's.

A couple of "live" shots of the silver version from fantom1981

uploadfromtaptalk1378850149669.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378850164885.jpg

And the anniversary model

ymady8a3.jpg

I don't know enough about MTG's to have an idea how many/if any will be international releases.

chrisek

And interestingly, some of the build "blanks", again provided by fantom

View attachment 7429

View attachment 7430

Although the case itself is still resin. This screen shot provided by JarenCarter. He outlined with boxes the metal pieces. Also note: the red is the alpha gel. Is this the first MT-G utilizing alpha gel?

uploadfromtaptalk1378851405685.jpg

And of course, the official company photos.

uploadfromtaptalk1378851420580.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378851434140.jpg

And the anniversary

uploadfromtaptalk1378851445683.jpg

And what might be the nicest non-screwback in all of G-Shock

uploadfromtaptalk1378851457792.jpg

What are your thoughts about the watch?

LUW

One "new tech" on this watch not seen in G's before is 27 months on a charge. When you figure that is powering 5 motors, it is impressive!
Not really. The feature that most drains the battery on a quartz is the EL or LED, and since the MTG doesn't have any form of illumination, that major battery killer is out of the picture. Yeah, it does take juice to power 5 motors, but that's one reason why the hands circle so slowly when you're setting the multiple functions, which you will rarely do. So the 2+ years on a full charge is only if the watch is left totally alone in the dark, when basically all hands but hour and minute stop working.

So unless Casio is using a different (and new) battery then what they usually use and/or if they totally revamped all their motors and circuit board compared to current Aviators (like A1000 and 4000), I have the impression this is not exactly a quantum leap better then other current models. I would expect that if they actually had used some different battery or different technology for the module they would be bragging about it right now.

chrisek

The 4000 and 1000 claim 6 months between charges which is why I was impressed. Completely agreed it is a "hands off" mode they are calculating off of

LUW

Only six? Are you sure? I don't have my A1000 manual at hand, but I was under the impression it would last at least a full year if on absolute darkness and on hands-off mode after a full charge
think.gif
. But thinking better of it, maybe the A1000 isn't the best model to use as a benchmark because of the temperature sensor that could possibly be a battery hog too. So maybe that leaves us with the 4000 to compare? But if it only lasts 6 months and the MTG quadruplicates that, then Casio must be doing something really different with the MTG, either in terms of battery life or energy usage by the module (or a combination of both). If that's the case, why aren't they bragging about it as they did about the v3 sensor in relation to the previous v2
hmm-1.gif
?

chrisek

I really don't know, and these japanese info cards are all I have besides other members of various forums.

LUW

Maybe the A1100 isn't a good benchmark either because of the compass; who knows if it doesn't drain the battery only on standby mode?

chrisek

Correction on the charge holding capabilities. Just came out in Wired magazine, 5 months. Not sure where the other "27" came from (other than I know it was a translation), but now we are right in line with the other current Aviators/5motor analog G-Shocks.

That mystery is solved . . . . .