Article: G-Shock GW-9400 Rangeman - September 2013 G-Shock New Release

fwupow

Be forewarned.

the 2nd and last one looks stunning! but @ 50k yen, got to lessen other purchases..

I just ordered one a few hours ago and then remembered that this is the GW-9400J <--Note the "J" in the model number
This is a model made specifically for the Japanese Domestic Market and, correct me if I'm wrong, does not use the units that are familiar to Americans (i.e. Feet, Fahrenheit, InHG (inches of mercury for pressure))

Hopefully I can cancel my order and then wait for the USA release which should have switchable units.

fwupow

I was FLAT WRONG !!

looks like I'm correcting myself.

The Japan version GW-9400J <--note the "J" tacked on to 9400 has the same inner module as will be used worldwide, that is Module 3410. It is only locked in metric units if you have TYO selected as your Home City Code/TimeZone.

The key difference between the JDM version and the export versions appears to be in the strap only. The JDM version has a fancier Carbon-fiber strap whereas the USA and EU versions will have the customary resin strap.

theWrist

looks like I'm correcting myself.

The Japan version GW-9400J <--note the "J" tacked on to 9400 has the same inner module as will be used worldwide, that is Module 3410. It is only locked in metric units if you have TYO selected as your Home City Code/TimeZone.

The key difference between the JDM version and the export versions appears to be in the strap only. The JDM version has a fancier Carbon-fiber strap whereas the USA and EU versions will have the customary resin strap.

carbon fiber strap only?? how much did you buy yours for (total cost) and from which store? 'cause at the discounted prices now in FromJapan.co site, it seems better to buy the Japan-release now priced at close to how much they will sell internationally (roughly 300usd?), correct?

andrejing

I just got my RANGEMAN yesterday !!!! It's really awesome !!!! If you are a G-Shock lover, you don't want to miss this one for the world !!!!

Smaug

I received my Japanese Rangeman on Monday love it watch, I bought the desert coloured G9300 [limited sale to US/Canada] thought it was excellent the Rangeman however is IMHO the better watch. Having said that I liked Casio watches in general have had dozens over the years.

BACKBLAST72

Good morning everyone,

I just ordered the GW9400-1CR from a local store here in San Diego. The lady at the store said it should be here by next Wednesday. I am exicted and looking forward to recieving the first triple sensor G-Shock; for years I have collected the Pathfinder / Pro Trek line of abc watches from Casio, but now we are going to have a G-Shock model with the same capabilities AWESOME.

Sincerely,
BB72.