Auto EL

Monkey

I just received my new gw m5630D but for some reason the auto el won't work.

The watch is fully charged a.el is on the display & power saving is off yet in low level light the display isn't lighting up, Anyone else experience this, or is something wrong?

LUW

Sometimes the angle that you have to twist your wrist is a bit awkward to make the light come on. Did you try slowly turning the watch around in your hand in the dark?

Monkey

Yeah, I've tried that.

The light works perfect with a press of the button so it's as though the switch isn't working. It's no biggie as its under warranty anyway but I'm a bit disappointed it coming like that straight out of the box. I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem.

LUW

Since you're going to return it, first try whacking it on the table. Seriously: nothing major, just hit it against a table. Sometimes the auto EL trigger (that's a micro ball) can get stuck, and a small knock can make it work again.

Monkey

OK so I wrapped the watch up and whacked it on the table a few times and now it works!
As you said, more than likely the ball had got stuck or something.....Thanks for the advice:encouragement:

LUW

Cool!
clapping.gif

Sometimes you just have to go medieval :black_eyed:.

earlmanigault

Excuse me for opening an old thrad . I got my gwx8900 b7 a week ago from amazon. Everything seems fine besides the auto el doesn't work.